Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088324 times)

2015-04-24, 11:47:14
Reply #555

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The scrip works with "standard materials"? or only with vray and mental ...

2015-04-24, 11:50:22
Reply #556

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Quote from the download page:

Supported materials:
    Max / Mental Ray:
    StandardMaterial
    Autodesk_Material
    Shellac
    RaytraceMaterial (basic)
    Architectural (basic)
    Arch___Design__mi
    Car_Paint_Material__mi

finalRender:
    fR_Advanced
    fR_Architectural
    fR_Metal (basic)
    fR_Glass (basic)

Vray:
    VRayMtl
    VRayBlendMtl
    VRayLightMtl
    VRay2SidedMtl
    VRayCarPaintMtl
    VrayOverrideMtl
    VrayMtlWrapper
    VRayFastSSS (basic)
    VRayFastSSS2 (basic)

Supported maps:
    VrayColor
    VrayDirt
    VrayNormalMap
    VraySky
    VRayCompTex
    VRayEdgesTex
    VRayGLSLTex
    VRaySoftbox
    Normal_Bump
    Autodesk_Map
    Multi_Sub_Map
    Amb/Refl_Occlusion

Supported lights:
    VRayLight
    VRayIES
    VRaySun
    Omnilight
    freeSpot
    targetSpot
    Free_Light
    Target_Light
    Directionallight
    TargetDirectionallight
    Daylight Assemblies
    fR RectLight
    mr_Sun
    mr_Sky_Portal
    miAreaLight
    miAreaLightomni

Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-04-24, 15:31:32
Reply #557

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
its becaus I´ve try to convert an imported sketchup file and the plugin dosnt convert the materials ...

2015-04-24, 15:37:43
Reply #558

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
What type of materials are they?
If they are not supported I can add them, but I'm not aware of any missing ones. If they are in the list but not converting, please upload a simple scene with some of those materials so I can have a look at what could be wrong ;)

2015-04-24, 16:12:44
Reply #559

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Got this error today
Code: [Select]
>>> SCENE Info: <<<
Corona version: 1.00 DailyBuild Apr 16 2015, build timestamp: Apr 16 2015 00:33:20
Converter version: 1.06
Installed Vray plugins: V_Ray_RT_3_10_03  V_Ray_Edu_3_10_03 
# Material conversion took 1.215 seconds
# Iterations: 94, converted: 94
# Map conversion took 0.014 seconds
# Iterations: 58, converted: 10
# Light conversion took 0.028 seconds
# Iterations: 34

Error occured in VRayLight : $VRayLight:AI39_004_obj_73 @ [484.533875,-28.347883,0.000000]
-- Unknown property: "Shape_mesh" in $VRayLight:AI39_004_obj_133 @ [484.533875,-28.347883,0.000000]

Guess it's this thing ?

I can't seem to find any AI39_004_obj_133 object. Maybe that's the error.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-24, 16:24:32 by dubcat »
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2015-04-24, 16:37:14
Reply #560

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Could you send me the scene or the object so I can test it here? I guess I know why there is an error, but it would be better if I could test it myself :)

2015-04-24, 16:49:58
Reply #561

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Stripped the scene down to the error light so I don't break any copyrights.
As I said earlier, AI39_004_obj_133 does not exist.
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2015-04-25, 10:46:10
Reply #562

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What type of materials are they?
If they are not supported I can add them, but I'm not aware of any missing ones. If they are in the list but not converting, please upload a simple scene with some of those materials so I can have a look at what could be wrong ;)

There are standard materials, Try to import any model from sketchup and convert directly.
Maybe Its my mistake ...

2015-04-25, 10:56:34
Reply #563

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Stripped the scene down to the error light so I don't break any copyrights.
As I said earlier, AI39_004_obj_133 does not exist.
Thanks for the report and the scene! It was indeed due to the missing object for the light. Those cases will be ignored in with the next converter version :)

There are standard materials, Try to import any model from sketchup and convert directly.
Maybe Its my mistake ...
Ok, I downloaded and tried a sketchup scene import. The problem is that those new materials are not recognized directly after the import. If you import your stuff, then save the scene and run the converter afterwards it's working fine.
It's a tricky problem with how max handles materials...  I'll see how I can fix it without making the converter much slower =/ Thanks for the report!

2015-04-27, 13:53:26
Reply #564

originalsurfmex

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey Thanks for the awesome development on this script.  It's been super valuable for those of us with a VRAY background.  Quick question.  Is there a way you could make older versions available?  I'm having a hard time with Alpha 7 and the new script.  I would very much appreciate it if you could.  Thanks!

2015-04-29, 13:46:38
Reply #565

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
This is not really a bug, don't know if it's even worth the fix. But I thought you should know.

It looks like V-Ray does not have a Base Color. When you plug a CoronaWire into the Opacity Color, the Base Color need to be Black for it to work.
And "All Edges" was still turned on, even though "Hidden Edges" was turned off in V-ray

« Last Edit: 2015-04-29, 15:27:37 by dubcat »
             ___
    _] [__|OO|

2015-05-01, 14:46:23
Reply #566

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Quick question.  Is there a way you could make older versions available? 
That's not planned and imho not necessary . Each Corona installer (A6 and up) comes with a version of the script included (you can either install it or just unpack it to get the file). So you can use the working versions from there ;)

This is not really a bug, don't know if it's even worth the fix. But I thought you should know.

It looks like V-Ray does not have a Base Color. When you plug a CoronaWire into the Opacity Color, the Base Color need to be Black for it to work.
And "All Edges" was still turned on, even though "Hidden Edges" was turned off in V-ray
Well, yes, it's not really a bug. It's one of those things that "could" be fixed with an additional rule for just that case but it would probably break something in a slightly different setup (plus, it wouldn't work if there is some other map between - like a composite). Since Vray and Corona materials do handle specific things differently there is not always a safe automatic solution =/
Non the less, thanks for reporting! You can never know if there's some hidden bug somewhere :D

2015-05-01, 15:06:47
Reply #567

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
some minor updates

Get it here: http://www.racoon-artworks.de/CoronaConverter/CoronaConverter.html

changelog:
v1.07 - [2015/05/01]
  • added "only selected objects" mode for show maps in viewport tool
  • fixed renderer assignment (due to new Corona class naming scheme)
  • fixed: vray light in mesh mode throwing error when mesh is not present in the scene (=> light is now ignored)

2015-05-01, 16:21:26
Reply #568

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Thanks
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2015-05-01, 18:26:45
Reply #569

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hi Martin, I tried new version of the converter and that's what I got http://c2n.me/3h36vCq (listener error log attached) - it seems "only selected objs" map on\off option doesn't work with multisub materials while it works with single\simple ones or at least it is so on max 2016 or it is just me doing something wrong which wouldn't be the first time ))

Still thanks for such an option and if you can fix that behavior it will make life (probably not only mine) way easier when dealing with such scenes as the one on that screenshot I posted as it is just a small part of it (something like 1\50ieth or even less of the whole one) and working with show maps "on" in such ones is totally out of the question even on relatively decent hardware, even when using different un\hideable layers for different districts and such. Yet one surely needs the ability to turn those maps on\off on the selection of objects/group/whole layer to fine tune some parts of the scene to match each other which isn't possible to do without shown maps and is quite cumbersome and slow to do manually given how many of those multisubs are usually on those. In my vray days I have used some of the "Show Maps In Viewports" scripts, made a buttons for those and did not have such worries at all - sadly almost all of those which I've used before are quite old and are not corona compatible at all or I just hadn't found any newer which are. Why am writing this, well I think that even if that function is really appreciated inside the CMLC - some separate viewport texture on\off macrosript (or a simple one) which could be pinned to quad menu, mapped to some keyboard shortcut or just pinned as a separate button would be no less usefull and maybe even more useable in most scenarios - hopefully I'm not too greedy to ask that ))

Sorry for the messy post and no less messy and probably unnecessary attempt to do some easier understandable infographics in that screenshot - it's just that today my brain is totally f****d up by that goddamned changing weather + no less damned full moon coming and because of that, for the past two days or so I feel like I'm slightly drunk or on some drugs - it's not an unpleasant feeling )) yet probably that shows through my logical\explanational skills as even for myself I sound\read even more chaotic than usual )))