Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088372 times)

2018-10-23, 11:25:37
Reply #1140

rsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rsi
Feature request:
it would be nice to have the possibility to convert the "colorcorrect" to "coronacolorcorrect" for performance reasons

2018-10-24, 15:53:56
Reply #1141

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
The CoronaColorCorrect map is very different to the original one. I would only be able to convert it if very few selected parameters were used in the ColorCorrection map - and even then I'm not sure if they work in the same color space (would have to check that). So the potential use for this is very limited. Basically all of my color corrections wouldn't pass.

And since this has moved to the previous page:
I'm having a look at fstorm right now to determine the best approach for conversions... however I'm not really sure how useful all of this is. My personal "goal" of the converter is that each render engine conversion should yield a usable result - a one click solution with as few necessary adjustments from the user as possible.
What I see so far is that fstorm materials are rather "spartan", which is fine, because that means it's easy to translate. The maps, however, are pretty much all custom and either different or complete remakes of the max ones (like noise, output, falloff, gradient etc) with different settings which makes it basically impossible to get proper conversion results.
So, if there are any Fstorm users here I would be happy to hear opinions about that and what you think would be a useful conversion for you.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2018-10-29, 08:18:10
Reply #1142

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be nice to put in script version ability to correct Albedo Diffuse color in vray models, which usually with 255/255/255 white diffuse or with very bright textures, without necessity to use
additional scripts/

2018-10-29, 09:33:29
Reply #1143

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Yes, we had discussions about that approximately 6 years ago already ;) The thing is that I cannot evaluate the shader tree by script nor can I look at all the pixels at all the textures to check if they are too bright.
I could look at the diffuse color only but that would be completely useless in my opinion, especially when there is more going on than just diffuse or blending with other materials etc. Corona has a Render element for exactly that reason which shows problematic albedos.

2018-10-29, 09:44:08
Reply #1144

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, we had discussions about that approximately 6 years ago already ;) The thing is that I cannot evaluate the shader tree by script nor can I look at all the pixels at all the textures to check if they are too bright.
I could look at the diffuse color only but that would be completely useless in my opinion, especially when there is more going on than just diffuse or blending with other materials etc. Corona has a Render element for exactly that reason which shows problematic albedos.
Thanks for answer:)
But exist possibility to using this option only for selected objects, as now in script tab/
it's just not very convenient to clutter the interface of Max with additional buttons to use third-party scripts
for convent materials:)
« Last Edit: 2018-10-29, 09:47:35 by denisgo22 »

2018-10-30, 15:42:31
Reply #1145

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
What exactly would you like this script to do?

2018-11-01, 17:21:21
Reply #1146

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Possibility to change /down/ Diffuse Level in Corona material of selection objects or all scene for correct Albedo --- for example:)
Something like in this part of script

But this script not working with Corona Layered mat or with Multimat, I do not remember exactly:)
« Last Edit: 2018-11-01, 17:37:22 by denisgo22 »

2018-11-06, 16:08:39
Reply #1147

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I don't know the script but I would assume it filters the materials per class, so it should work even with layered or multimats. I'm not intending to add this to the converter but even if this script does not do exactly what you want, it's easy to write a one-liner maxscript to do what you need.

2018-11-08, 00:25:45
Reply #1148

diodednb

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-11-08, 00:27:41
Reply #1149

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Nope, only 3dsMax

2018-11-23, 10:39:32
Reply #1150

andreu.taberner

• Active Users
  • more about my work here www.andreutaberner.com
    • View Profile
Basically this.

Corona Converter could recognize when Vray wire is being use in the bump channel to produce rounded corners and convert it to CoronaRoundEdges. Kind of an exception for this specific case.

2018-11-29, 08:57:02
Reply #1151

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
I dont think that would be a good idea, its a case to case scenario. I for my self use CoronaWire as bump on some objects.

Id reccomend using Batch Material Editor instead, it was posted on forum some months ago.
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2018-11-29, 10:47:54
Reply #1152

andreu.taberner

• Active Users
  • more about my work here www.andreutaberner.com
    • View Profile
CoronaWire doesn't make anything when in Bump, unless I am missing something. Correct me if I am wrong.

2018-11-30, 15:32:54
Reply #1153

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
CoronaWire doesn't make anything when in Bump, unless I am missing something. Correct me if I am wrong.
Looks like it doesn't.
But is this really a valid workflow?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-11-30, 15:43:54
Reply #1154

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I assume that this is about the VrayEdgesTex? The problem with specific map types being used in specific slots is that I can't track them. At least not directly. The script converts map by map, disconnected from the shader, it has no idea where it is being used. So if I convert a VrayEdgesTex it doesn't know if is being used in a Diffuse or a bump slot. I would have to skip it and do it at the end, looping through all the Material's bump slots and check if a VrayEdgesTex is present - if it is I still can't simply convert it, I have to check if it actually is instanced in any other slot on any other material (which is possible but tricky to get right)... and this gets more complicated if a VrayEdgesTex is used somewhere deeper in the shader tree (which is quite often the case to mix it with other bump maps).
Long story short: this is not quite as easy as it sounds ;) Or to put it more bluntly: it's a bit of a pain in the ass.