Author Topic: Vantage and Corona  (Read 15001 times)

2024-01-12, 15:29:39
Reply #30

zules

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGINEER
+1
Jules GAILLARD

www.imagineer.fr

2024-01-27, 14:06:02
Reply #31

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram

2024-01-29, 09:47:23
Reply #32

RecentSpacesSam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 to this too.
If there was a fast/reliable link between Corona and Vantage it could be a great replacement for IR when it comes to heavier scenes

2024-01-29, 13:05:15
Reply #33

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
While a way to render with Vantage is planned for Corona 12, this is not planned to work in a way that would allow it to be an IR replacement, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-01-29, 13:40:29
Reply #34

Marijan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
While a way to render with Vantage is planned for Corona 12, this is not planned to work in a way that would allow it to be an IR replacement, sorry.

Hi Tom, can you please share some more information on this?
From what you are saying Vantage support will be some kind of scene exporter rather than having live link like in vray.

2024-01-29, 14:01:15
Reply #35

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram

it is really exciting even if it would not be IR replacement. thank you Corona Team.

2024-01-29, 15:00:25
Reply #36

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For Marijan, Vantage reads vrscene, so we need to export to vrscene, correct. This would not be something that could happen fast enough to work with IR unfortunately. Just the way Vantage is set up to work, that it only takes in vrscene format, and coming from Corona will need conversion which takes time.

2024-01-29, 15:13:00
Reply #37

Marijan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For Marijan, Vantage reads vrscene, so we need to export to vrscene, correct. This would not be something that could happen fast enough to work with IR unfortunately. Just the way Vantage is set up to work, that it only takes in vrscene format, and coming from Corona will need conversion which takes time.

Makes sense, thanks for the answer Tom.

2024-01-31, 19:05:31
Reply #38

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Hold your horses...Did you say Corona 12? I don't see this on the Trello roadmap...

Please keep it so, I think we all need some RT from time to time, also note we are all invested in PT and wont leave PT.

2024-01-31, 20:41:51
Reply #39

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes my bad on the roadmap, haven't updated it since we sat down to figure out the plans for 12. I shall do so in the next week though and get it up to date! So yes, 12 is the plan (do remember, plans can go astray, so we can never make promises with development being what it is, but we very very much want to do this :) ).

2024-02-01, 04:27:30
Reply #40

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Thanks Tom, I cant wait! :D

2024-02-08, 11:09:56
Reply #41

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is the best thing related to Corona I've heard in many years

2024-02-19, 04:56:28
Reply #42

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Super cool news! 

I'd be aiming to bake my final animations in Corona but do the initial animation draft(s) in Vantage.  Most of the time I see people animating the camera within Vantage...considering corona will only be able to talk to Vantage through VRScenes, will there be any way to do my animating of cameras within max and bake it to vantage so I can export an exact match?  That way there is exact parity when I bake out the final within corona\max and I could just swap the footage for the corona bake when the final comes around...

Thanks for any clarification!
Daniel

2024-02-19, 13:41:53
Reply #43

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We don't know yet exactly how far things will get in this initial implementation, sorry. We'll only be able to tell as we get closer to release how this can/will be done.

2024-02-19, 15:57:13
Reply #44

danio1011

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We don't know yet exactly how far things will get in this initial implementation, sorry. We'll only be able to tell as we get closer to release how this can/will be done.

Makes sense, thanks Tom.  I was thinking the Vantage might already take max camera paths via VRscenes outside of any 'corona specific' functionality, but I'm sure each integration is different...