Author Topic: Chaos Corona 12 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 11493 times)

2024-01-10, 22:58:44
Reply #15

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi,

Every time I open a scene (on both PC's) I get the out of core error pop.

Disabling it, or resetting it seems to do nothing.

See attached for details. Max 2024.2, Windows 10. Daily build C12 Dec 13.

Hey,

I bet this is really frustrating. I have tried numerous times to reproduce this here, and I have failed every time. Can you provide a list of every plugin you are using and if you are using any render managers?

Cheers,

Rowan

Yes, I am using Pulze SM. (Ad RM).

Apart from that it's just Phoenix, I think?

I think one issue is that I cloned my PC... then on the clone changed the user and PC names. It's searching on my old user folder.

However, this only started happening when I upgraded to C12. It worked fine for 1-2 months on C11.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2024-01-17, 02:01:52
Reply #16

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I've been playing around with the displacement lister today for the first time.

First thing, it seems quite buggy. If I rename one of the materials that has displacement while the lister is open, it seems to crash. Also if I open the lister, close it, then rename a material and re-open the lister. This is happening in a very heavy file though, so might be hard to replicate.

Second thing; it's a bit strange that displacement has an on/off toggle in the lister, but not in the material settings? Is there not a way to turn off a displacement on a material any other way than the lister? Edit: Ah, I see it's toggle is in the maps list at the bottom of the material properties. Maybe this should also be in the displacement settings area of the material?
« Last Edit: 2024-01-17, 02:20:45 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2024-01-17, 04:49:25
Reply #17

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Apologies, I think I might have possibly led you on the wrong track!

Although this did start with C12 installation, it is also possible that it's Pulze SM causing the out-of-core file location to reset every time I load a Pulze scene. I think perhaps the settings override might have this saved, hence it defaults back to an invalid drive every time.

Worth checking out anyway.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2024-01-25, 06:06:47
Reply #18

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys is there something wrong with corona lately?  there are certain scenes where the suns position seems to change everytime i re-open the scene?  currently on corona 11

2024-01-25, 10:57:56
Reply #19

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This and some other issues has been fixed in Corona 11 HF1: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=41809.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-01-26, 04:00:38
Reply #20

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2024-01-30, 10:17:57
Reply #21

nagboy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Small bug in Corona Decal.

In the object include/exclude.

If an object is included to receive the decal. Any object you link in a child/parent relationship to that object will also be included to receive the decal. Highly doubt this is an intended behavior.

2024-01-30, 11:32:56
Reply #22

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

If an object is included to receive the decal. Any object you link in a child/parent relationship to that object will also be included to receive the decal. Highly doubt this is an intended behavior.

Generally, this behavior has to be optional as it's found everywhere in Corona (for example in mask render elements). Please devs, make it an optional per-case thing, it's really problematic in scenes where you just can not change hierarchies, for example in animations. It's a nice feature if you really need it but a real headache if you don't.

2024-02-01, 01:45:25
Reply #23

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Not sure if I was experiencing a bug, or if it's a known limitation...but

Today I had a multi-map material with a CoronaLightMtl plugged into one of the slots.

The light worked, but it didn't emit onto itself (ie; the other materials in the same object).

I don't think this is new behavior...?

Will try to replicate if I find time.

Corona 12 Daily Dec 13. Max 2024.2
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2024-02-02, 01:36:42
Reply #24

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi team

i got this error on new daily

2024-02-02, 08:35:48
Reply #25

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi team

Hi,

It can be caused by various Scatter version installations. From what I observed, it is fine to OK it.
Do you see any unexpected behavior or so in regards to Chaos Scatter after this?
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2024-02-03, 13:01:51
Reply #26

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi team

Had the same error ommediately after installing the 29th daily. So then i installed the previous one and then installed again the latest and the message gone, but the scatter toolbar buttons are gone too.

2024-02-07, 11:41:48
Reply #27

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Generally, this behavior has to be optional as it's found everywhere in Corona (for example in mask render elements). Please devs, make it an optional per-case thing, it's really problematic in scenes where you just can not change hierarchies, for example in animations. It's a nice feature if you really need it but a real headache if you don't.

Decals to not affect the children of included/excluded objects is not reported. It is requested to be as an option.

(Internal ID=1298173053)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2024-02-12, 09:05:29
Reply #28

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Hi team

Had the same error ommediately after installing the 29th daily. So then i installed the previous one and then installed again the latest and the message gone, but the scatter toolbar buttons are gone too.

Same error regarding permissions , scatter icons are gone as well and relink bitmaps script now doesnt work until i run 3ds max as administrator.
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2024-02-24, 14:19:08
Reply #29

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi team

Just noticed right now that vrscans materials don't render correctly, sometimes objects appear as transparent or semi transparent...