Author Topic: Metal Reflection help  (Read 1749 times)

2019-10-08, 14:02:01

kareem.azzazy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ifi have a gold sphere in interior space as well and i wanna  this only object the gold one to reflection hdri  Studio Grey scale only without reflect the space

how can i do this
and i try it with the vray material its bug also   

and how can i do like this Clean metal

2019-10-08, 14:17:22
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure I fully understand the request - you would like one gold object to show no reflections of the surrounding 3D scene, but only show an HDRI in its reflection? If so, the way would be to do two renders, one of the scene without the gold object, one with just the gold object with the rest of the scene hidden or deleted, and then composite in post. While you can easily override the HDRI seen in the reflection on the gold object, there's no way to prevent that object reflecting the rest of the modeled scene around it (just like in the real world), so two-renders-composite-in-post would be the way to go.

(Well, you could apply a RaySwitch material to EVERY other object in the scene, where the Reflection slot has a material with 0% opacity which would make those objects invisible in reflections - this might be possible if the rest of the scene is being painted with one material, which may be the case here as you mention something about the rest of the scene being gray, but would be super hard to set up with hundreds of materials otherwise... plus those objects then wouldn't reflect in each other either, rather than just not reflecting in the gold object)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-10-08, 15:04:18
Reply #2

kareem.azzazy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you ok how i can handle toe reflection for the metal like this result in attachment

2019-10-08, 15:27:09
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Again, not entirely sure what you mean - the metals in the attached image would be created by normal methods as far as I can tell - they need something good to reflect, and in the case of the dark scene it's the bright light from a window on the left that gives the metals some bright edges and makes them nice and bright. But as for the metal material, I would guess nothing special in those settings for the material itself, all comes down to having a nice scene around it to reflect :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us