Author Topic: Corona Renderer 1.7 for 3ds Max (Hotfix 3) released!  (Read 10739 times)

2018-02-09, 14:37:07

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Renderer 1.7 for 3ds Max (Hotfix 3) released!

This release contains a few small but important updates to the Corona Camera:

- Checkbox added to enable showing / hiding of the clipping planes in the viewport

- Fixed: Bug which caused an incorrect field of view when a Corona Camera used the Tilt or Shift settings.

- Legacy checkbox for the Tilt and Shift settings in the Corona Camera added. This will only be shown for scenes with a Corona Camera saved from version 1.7 (Hotfix 2) or earlier, to ensure backward compatibility (all existing scenes will load and render with the same field of view as they did before the fix).

Update now from the Downloads page! https://corona-renderer.com/download
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-02-09, 17:11:14
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-02-15, 20:48:00
Reply #2

cpvisual

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where can we find the files for offline installation?

2018-02-16, 08:30:11
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Where can we find the files for offline installation?
The only thing which is not included "offline" in the installer package is the material library. It can be as well installed in offline mode: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000036778
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-02-16, 11:53:53
Reply #4

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Thank you guys! We really appreciate this hotfix.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-02-26, 12:35:52
Reply #5

andrerosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have crashed, when I use real-time in viewport and try to change parameters in noise map connected to bump slot ((

2018-02-26, 14:24:58
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have crashed, when I use real-time in viewport and try to change parameters in noise map connected to bump slot ((
I've been doing this now a lot in 1.7.3 and all was rock solid. Can you strip it down to a very simple scene? If you have a reproducible case, start a thread in the bug section.

2018-03-21, 13:54:01
Reply #7

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Chaps,

We've just installed Hotfix3 and can't seem to find any kind of Legacy check-box in our CoronaCameras (saved in 1.7Hotfix2 scenes). On opening a scene from 1.7Hotfix2 the shift is noticeably wrong.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-03-21, 14:05:49
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Here's where it should appear - this should be only for cameras where Tilt & Shift was actually used (if it wasn't, then no Legacy checkbox will show up; and same for any new cameras created in 1.7.3 and later, the checkbox won't show up). Was it Auto or Manual Tilt & Shift that was used in your 1.7.2 scene?

2018-03-21, 14:07:20
Reply #9

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Yeh I figured that's where it would be but there's nothing there. This is with manually-entered Shift (no tilt). One camera has just vertical shift, one has both vertical and horizontal. Neither is showing the check-box.

By the way this is happening on 4 totally different scenes across 2 different machines. All Hotfix3 installed. All of these machines are running max 2018 HF 4, windows 10 and all scenes were saved under 1.7.2.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-21, 14:21:29 by alexyork »
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-03-21, 15:56:20
Reply #10

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Any news on this one Tom? We will need to roll everything back to 1.7.2 if this isn't easily solvable I guess...
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-03-21, 16:22:55
Reply #11

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Alex, still investigating, sorry - we'll see what we can come up with. Two thoughts, can you send a simplified version of the scene for testing just in case we can't duplicate?

Another idea as a temporary workaround, depending on how much you like MaxScript, the useLegacyTiltShift parameter should still be accessible via maxscript to force the Legacy mode on. Of course this is just if you have one scene affected, no good if this is affected lots of scenes as you can't keep doing maxscript changes - but just in case it helps.

We'll let you know as soon as we have anything on this end, apologies for the inconvenience.

2018-03-21, 16:33:03
Reply #12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
In our tests with a simple scene, with one cam with Vertical Shift only and one with Horiz and Vertical Shift (neither with Tilt) saved from 1.7.2 and opened in 1.7.3, the Legacy checkbox appeared as expected, and the FOV looked the same.

To look into it we'd need your 1.7.2 scene to see why it is different from what we are testing here, sorry we don't have anything else at the moment, but everything is working normally in our tests.

2018-03-21, 16:34:57
Reply #13

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Hi Tom,

Ok we'll first try your maxscript and then package up a scene. This is on every single scene at our end, so I'm not sure how there can be inconsistency with what you're seeing at your end.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-03-21, 16:37:34
Reply #14

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I've just discovered that if you merge in a shifted 1.7.2 coronacamera into a 1.7.2 or 1.7.3 scene file (including a fresh max scene) the legacy bit appears on the camera suddenly...

So it seems to be only happening correctly on merge. Not on open.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-03-21, 16:43:50
Reply #15

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Okaaaaaay so I've just now opened that very same 1.7.2 scene and the camera is now correctly shifted and showing the legacy checkbox.

Perhaps we somehow have to "initialize" this at least once, before scenes properly open with the correction + legacy appearing? I have no idea..

EDIT: Closed all max instanced and re-opened the scene. Camera is wrong, no legacy stuff displayed. Merging in the SAME cameras into the scene (auto-renaming them) they come in correctly with the legacy applied and visible.

So...
« Last Edit: 2018-03-21, 16:51:29 by alexyork »
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-03-21, 16:55:06
Reply #16

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This is all super strange, sorry for what's happening. We'll keep looking and try to replicate, and any scene you can send will help too, in case we can't get it happening here at all.

Don't know if relevant - were the scenes saved in Max 2018 HF 3 (or earlier), and now being opened in HF 4? Or all saved in HF 4 and just Corona version was different?

2018-03-21, 16:58:45
Reply #17

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
This is all super strange, sorry for what's happening. We'll keep looking and try to replicate, and any scene you can send will help too, in case we can't get it happening here at all.

Don't know if relevant - were the scenes saved in Max 2018 HF 3 (or earlier), and now being opened in HF 4? Or all saved in HF 4 and just Corona version was different?

Just sent you guys a simplified version of the scene. Note that this max file was saved in 1.7.3... however I can see the issue is still there when we open the file.

So.. I reckon that the original scene would have been saved in max 2018 HF3, yes, and then gone through like 20+ updates, into 2018 HF4 which we installed later. BUT I'm not 100% sure on that. EDIT: just looked back and I think we updated to HF4 around end of December, but the scene file most likely was freshly created after that. But if you check the file I just sent you maybe you can see?
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-03-21, 16:59:57
Reply #18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY! Also if anyone else is seeing this behaviour, do please let us know, the more examples we have, the easier it will be to pinpoint the cause.

2018-06-06, 17:53:08
Reply #19

MarekB

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, as this issue is still open, I have to ask @alexyork - are you sure the camera in the scene you've provided was created in 1.7.2 version? Because when I open it, the camera there is from version 1.7.3.
Didn't you merge the camera there somehow?

2018-06-07, 01:44:56
Reply #20

wanrun

• Users
    • View Profile
    • Moviebox
Thanx a lot, hope to download 45-day unlimited demo mode and try
- Jeff Alexon
Moviebox team