Author Topic: CGI: An Artistic Medium  (Read 2984 times)

2019-11-03, 22:13:15

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Hello coronauts,
so finally after a lot of time spend I would love to share with you short film - CGI: An Artistic Medium.
I hope that it is going to help understand friends, families, clients and everyone what CGI is and what a CGI artist devote much time and effort to. I hope that the film builds a correct and general knowledge and is going to be relevant.

Here is official description:

A partnership with world renowned architect Amal Hanafi, The Beldi Project required giving life to spaces where CGI has been prioritized before photography. I spent a week in Rio absorbing the emotions of the building, then produced a series of images that demonstrated its beauty and functionality.
As a result, there has been an Art Exhibition and 12 minutes Short Film "CGI: An Artistic Medium" created with strong beliefs in CGI.
I believe that CGI is an artistic tool. Just like photography is, just like painting is and just like sculpting is. So far, CGI has been mostly used for commercial purposes and has been very technical, which it still is. In my eyes, it is another tool that can reflect artistic soul. I believe that one of the biggest issues is that people don't know what CGI is. Running into a random person, it is very hard and imaginary to explain. Many times simply perceived as photographs. I have had this belief for many years but now found a platform that has strong enough story and visibility to share it. Not only in CGI but in Architecture, Art and many different fields too. I would love every artist to be able to show what CGI is and believe that because of technical advancements and enlightenment, in couple of years there might be recognition of CGI as an Art Form and general knowledge of the process and efforts behind. I believe that CGI is going to be in museums in couple of years.

The film conveys a story of creative collaboration between architect Amal Hanafi and CGI artist Jakub Cech that led to an Art Exhibition of CGI images. Film portrays general process and efforts behind CGI while striving to bring general knowledge and recognition of CGI as an Art form for broad audience.
Story spans across multiple locations in Slovakia and Rio De Janeiro. Filmed by UK duo Raspberry & Jam and live Orchestra scores by Tomas Koppl.

To further support spread of general knowledge of what CGI is, there has been an interactive webpage created with naive illustrations by Simona Cechova here https://www.jakubcech.net/what-is-cgi/.

2019-11-03, 23:11:51
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Yup, great stuff yet again! Sincere congratulations! :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-11-04, 02:44:01
Reply #2

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Nice work. Watched the video. Where u talked about the world we live in is comprised of thousands of variables and nailing those variables is spot on. Lighting is the most important of those because it is what gives our eyes and different surfaces the information our brain processes and interprets. Without it, there is no information, interpretation or knowledge gained about the environemnt. What we get is just pitch black.

2019-11-04, 17:12:46
Reply #3

Erald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Mind blowing and so inspiring!

2019-11-04, 19:17:28
Reply #4

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Light transports the beauty and emotion that a location causes inside you. Objects and colors can be great... but without the atmosphere of the light everything is just a stage.

And the aesthetics in Jakub´s lighting is an artwork in itself.

Rarely enjoyed CG images that much.

That building is also incredible.

Great work and approach, Jakub !
Pure inspiration.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-04, 19:30:37 by Designerman77 »

2019-11-11, 09:05:51
Reply #5

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Yup, great stuff yet again! Sincere congratulations! :)
Thank you so much nkilar! :))
Nice work. Watched the video. Where u talked about the world we live in is comprised of thousands of variables and nailing those variables is spot on. Lighting is the most important of those because it is what gives our eyes and different surfaces the information our brain processes and interprets. Without it, there is no information, interpretation or knowledge gained about the environemnt. What we get is just pitch black.
Thanks! Cant agree more! :)
Mind blowing and so inspiring!
Thanks!
Light transports the beauty and emotion that a location causes inside you. Objects and colors can be great... but without the atmosphere of the light everything is just a stage.

And the aesthetics in Jakub´s lighting is an artwork in itself.

Rarely enjoyed CG images that much.

That building is also incredible.

Great work and approach, Jakub !
Pure inspiration.
That means so much to me - thank you for your kind words!!