Author Topic: Beldi Stories I.  (Read 3398 times)

2019-09-03, 11:38:56

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
A partnership with world renowned architect Amal Halafi, The Beldi Project required giving life to spaces where CGI has been prioritized before photography. I spent a week in Rio absorbing the emotions of the building, then produced a series of images that demonstrated its beauty and functionality.

As a result, there has been an Art Exhibition and 12 minutes Short Film "CGI is an Art tool" created with strong beliefs in CGI.

I believe that CGI is an artistic tool. Just like photography is, just like painting is and just like sculpting is. So far, CGI has been mostly used for commercial purposes and has been very technical, which it still is. In my eyes, it is another tool that can reflect artistic soul. I believe that one of the biggest issues is that people don't know what CGI is. Running into a random person, it is very hard and imaginary to explain. Many times simply perceived as photographs. I have had this belief for many years but now found a platform that has strong enough story and visibility to share it. Not only in CGI but in Architecture, Art and many different fields too. I would love every artist to be able to show what CGI is and believe that because of technical advancements and enlightenment, in couple of years there might be recognition of CGI as an Art Form and general knowledge of the process and efforts behind. I believe that CGI is going to be in museums in couple of years.

A short film will be premiered on Academy Days X and on Spiecial Event in Kiev, both in October 2019. I wish that it is going to open up an discussion.

3ds Max and Corona rendering engine were used. Many materials were scanned and all materials were created from scratch. Using custom color mapping, lighting and techniques presented in my talks.

Beldi Stories II. will be released on 17.9.2019
Beldi Stories III. will be released on 1.10.2019
Beldi Stories a Short Film "CGI is an Art tool" will be premiered on Academy Days X (4th-5th October 2019) and Kiev Special Event Conference (11th-12th October 2019) with public release coming after.

Thank you for watching.

2019-09-03, 20:49:41
Reply #1

KhaosVFX

• Users
    • View Profile
Gorgeous images.

I love how your post-production style has evolved since Beautiful CGI. The blue glow is prevalent.

Everything is nice, especially the image with the water running from the washroom faucet.
I can hear the water flowing in my mind and feel the ambiance of the place!

I love seeing your work, looking forward to your film :)

2019-09-04, 15:11:45
Reply #2

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Gorgeous images.

I love how your post-production style has evolved since Beautiful CGI. The blue glow is prevalent.

Everything is nice, especially the image with the water running from the washroom faucet.
I can hear the water flowing in my mind and feel the ambiance of the place!

I love seeing your work, looking forward to your film :)

That is very kind of you.
Thank you so much! :)

2019-09-04, 16:13:57
Reply #3

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
About time you post a new project! But seriously, beautiful work! I wouldn't mind seeing some of these material setups.

I'll be looking forward to the next release later this month.

2019-09-11, 23:25:08
Reply #4

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
About time you post a new project! But seriously, beautiful work! I wouldn't mind seeing some of these material setups.

I'll be looking forward to the next release later this month.

Thank you John!!

Also would love to share the trailer for the film here: