Author Topic: Forest & Ocean  (Read 40650 times)

2014-10-17, 16:07:04

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
{{ Each images is around 2-3MB, so it will load slowly for those will slow bandwitch, fast version is on my Behance here https://www.behance.net/gallery/20585117/Forest-Ocean }}

One of our smallest projects this year showcases cooling product by Evening Breeze, quite nice, modern and ecological gadget. We prepared 3 environments, from tropical forest, city to ocean to showcase its placement among varied places in homes.
Full set design and visualization by us. Imagery was rendered in 8k (7680px width)

This was technically rather small and "fast" project, although I've spent considerable time to think through how to conceive the interior sets. It's one of those "make everything as you wish, just follow the rules what to show" projects, which isn't so easy I think.

I have uploaded the originals (but still compressed...) to this forum because I can't to any other place (not even dropbox shows it unless you download it, like...why do we even have hi-res monitors and fast internet if there is no option to show hi-res stuff?)

Cheers
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-17, 16:08:33
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ocean

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2014-10-17, 16:16:17
Reply #2

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj, again congrats on this images, they look all amazing, except for the background on your night scene i think the farthest part should be a little bit dark and not too bright.
for uploading highres images try deviantart, they don't compress your images there ;) great job man!
« Last Edit: 2014-10-17, 16:24:22 by cgdigi »

2014-10-17, 16:20:47
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Edits:

Place for short tuts and answers:

Well, the wall, it's primitive and simple, I don't claim it's best or what, but here it's how its done in this one case:
Basically, it's really just bump map and glossy map, nothing else. It's not even strong bump and the geometry is only weak relief, I wanted it this way.

To be continued..
« Last Edit: 2014-10-17, 18:36:43 by Juraj_Talcik »

2014-10-17, 16:24:47
Reply #4

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile

2014-10-17, 17:19:33
Reply #5

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
what can I say..... well done.

I presume the painted stone wall and thick grey blanket (first set of images)or both achieved with displacement?

2014-10-17, 17:40:08
Reply #6

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
love this set of images, nice interior design/architecture, and nice quality render!
well done!

2014-10-17, 18:03:44
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

I presume the painted stone wall and thick grey blanket (first set of images)or both achieved with displacement?

I have some time before I go to beer I will post short tut what it is, moment.

2014-10-17, 18:20:06
Reply #8

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried translucency with the bed materials?... also this cloth meshes has so many geom on it that the shadow artifacts are quite visible at those high resolutions. I'm going to do some test to see if it improves cause the blanket from bed are looking a little like plastic.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-10-17, 18:26:23
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Have you tried translucency with the bed materials?... also this cloth meshes has so many geom on it that the shadow artifacts are quite visible at those high resolutions. I'm going to do some test to see if it improves cause the blanket from bed are looking a little like plastic.

They are not high-poly at all, they are actually over-optimalized by Bertrand Benoit (I don't have tropical beds, so I used his cloths, and remixed it to my needs). The artifacts show only in one or two shots where I unfortunately forget to check wrong normal map in bump slot. Nonetheless they're not the best models out there, and hardly like Veronika's beds but those take one week to make and, these ones we bought. To me it's ok.
Translucency, no I didn't ,but I think quite few people asked me in Paris apartment.

2014-10-17, 18:36:22
Reply #10

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

I have some time before I go to beer I will post short tut what it is, moment.

Have a look at third post from top, I uploaded two pics, I hope it illustrates it.

2014-10-17, 19:09:53
Reply #11

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice images! I really like Forest_Vignette1.jpg The settle DOF adds a lot of realism

2014-10-17, 19:19:21
Reply #12

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmmm...amazing... you can actually sell that quality. I  mean it looks like Bertrand put a prooptimizer over a mesh generated by marvelous, that gives a lot of triangles and corona  cant shadow those cause needs an aproximation (terminator something i think it's called).
Its clearly visible in "Forest_nigth 8k".
The only thing i can think of to avoid that is do some retopo over to get nice quads and turbosmooth the hell out of it.

Actually the translucency in cloth materials only works under certain types of ligth and does not help too much to avoid this issue i'm afraid.

(PS: who is veronica?)

What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-10-17, 19:59:24
Reply #13

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
second set is too bright imho

2014-10-17, 20:46:31
Reply #14

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
very good work! Last shot with deep blue - amazing!
Corona - the best rendering solution!