Author Topic: Can't sign in for chaos cosmos  (Read 677 times)

2023-05-01, 12:48:10

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I can't download or use (import) downloaded assets. Chaos cosmos don't give an error page, I can browse but that's it.
When I click "Sign in", nothing happens.

Is this because of maintanence or reason is something else?

2023-05-01, 19:41:44
Reply #1

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know what to do. There's no troubleshoot about this.

2023-05-01, 19:55:30
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The maintenance should be complete now. Some things I don't fully understand:

- You say you can "browse but that's it". Do you see all Cosmos assets? Just ones you have previously downloaded? Is it only when you click "Download" that things go wrong? Or when you click "Import"?

- You say you click "Sign In" but does that mean it is showing as not signed in when it opens?

- Are you opening it from the Cosmos icon in the Corona toolbar? Or by some other means?

- What happens if you stop then start the Cosmos browser from Chaos Group > Chaos Cosmos Browser in the apps list in Windows?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-05-01, 20:15:00
Reply #3

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The maintenance should be complete now. Some things I don't fully understand:

- You say you can "browse but that's it". Do you see all Cosmos assets? Just ones you have previously downloaded? Is it only when you click "Download" that things go wrong? Or when you click "Import"?
I can see all of it, "download" and "import" does nothing.

- You say you click "Sign In" but does that mean it is showing as not signed in when it opens?
I assume it is, it's always "Sign in", as I remember there should be a avatar image there.

- Are you opening it from the Cosmos icon in the Corona toolbar? Or by some other means?
I'm opening it from 3ds max > Corona Toolbar.

- What happens if you stop then start the Cosmos browser from Chaos Group > Chaos Cosmos Browser in the apps list in Windows?
Nothing happens. It only opens when I open it form Corona Toolbar.

2023-05-01, 20:25:28
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On the last one, I was thinking if you closed Max, stopped the browser service, started the browser service, ran Max - were you then signed in and everything worked?

Anyway, be sure to have a ticket submitted, this one may have to go over to the Cosmos team or the licensing people in general, so sending in a ticket at the same time as posting here is always best.

It needn't be an avatar up there, but when you click on the little person figure it ought to say who you are signed in as and have the option to sign out :) So yeah if all it says is sign in, something is up.

2023-05-02, 13:13:14
Reply #5

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After contacting support and trying different solutions, nothing seemed to work. Eventually, the support representative connected remotely with AnyDesk and looked around a bit. From what I could see, he uninstalled Chaos Unified Login, and after that, when he tried to sign in, it finally opened the login page. After logging in, the issue was resolved. If anyone else encounters this problem, you may want to try this solution.

2023-05-02, 13:47:01
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY for sharing the possible solution! And glad to hear it is working as intended again now.