Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149503 times)

2021-07-22, 19:47:59
Reply #15

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmm, are you aware that V7 is out? There won't be no more release candidates.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-07-23, 01:36:44
Reply #16

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Sry, the terminology I used was incorrect - I am referring to version 8, the upcoming version for which this thread is dedicated. Same questions^

2021-07-23, 08:32:10
Reply #17

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

The materials will be updated over the coming versions, due to the amount of materials it wasn't possible to do them all for v7.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-29, 11:58:46
Reply #18

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello. conversion error.

2021-07-29, 12:01:48
Reply #19

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-07-29, 14:00:01
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
hello. conversion error.

You are probably using V-Ray 3 or older. You need V-Ray 4 or newer. We are working on some improvements to make it work with older V-Ray versions too, so stay tuned!
The solution for now is just downloading and installing V-Ray 4 or newer. You don't need a license. It only has to be installed.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-07-31, 23:03:21
Reply #21

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has anyone jumped onto v7 for live projects yet?
How are you finding the changes, specifically the changes to the material workflow?
Im on a long term project at the moment so dont want much downtime from having top get to grips with the new shader. Have you found yourself needing to do anything drastically differently?

2021-07-31, 23:52:53
Reply #22

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
It took a minute to get used to thinking about the shader mapping metalness directly in a metal-rough workflow; I'm so used to mapping reflection color / fIOR. The sheen also presents a sort of challenge if you are used to thinking about fabric shading in terms of falloff maps, etc; I'm not totally sold on sheen, but it can be pretty powerful if you map the sheen amount directly.

2021-08-01, 00:24:15
Reply #23

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It took a minute to get used to thinking about the shader mapping metalness directly in a metal-rough workflow; I'm so used to mapping reflection color / fIOR. The sheen also presents a sort of challenge if you are used to thinking about fabric shading in terms of falloff maps, etc; I'm not totally sold on sheen, but it can be pretty powerful if you map the sheen amount directly.

These are precisely my worries about switching during production. It seems like a completely different approach to the way you think about materials. Its annoying to be unable to have two versions installed within max without a workaround.

2021-08-01, 00:43:34
Reply #24

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Legacy shader is still supported though, so you don't have to implement physical shader in your workflow, yet, if you don't want to. Siger is still using legacy shader too.

2021-08-02, 15:59:16
Reply #25

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Legacy shader is still supported though, so you don't have to implement physical shader in your workflow, yet, if you don't want to. Siger is still using legacy shader too.

Oh i know yeah its still there for now. I just dont want to switch because mid production its usually a stupid idea!
Im looking forward to trying it out alot!

2021-08-02, 21:56:30
Reply #26

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can we get some info on the Decals?
How will they work or is it too early to tell?
They are an object you apply a material with opacity mask to, that is it. No additional setup necessary

I have to admit the last time I was this excited for a feature was lightmix. This will improve the ease of use and quality of images so much

2021-08-02, 23:50:18
Reply #27

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
wait, what about decals? Was this added already, how did I miss that?

2021-08-03, 00:35:56
Reply #28

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wait, what about decals? Was this added already, how did I miss that?

I thought it was just me!

2021-08-03, 01:07:31
Reply #29

twoheads

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Has anyone jumped onto v7 for live projects yet?
How are you finding the changes, specifically the changes to the material workflow?
Im on a long term project at the moment so dont want much downtime from having top get to grips with the new shader. Have you found yourself needing to do anything drastically differently?

I had the same impression on new material workflow but it turned out just fine, materials saved in v6 work as they should though. In ongoing project I left most legacy materials untouched but I changed some of them to physical material just to try them out. I enjoy roughness workflow a lot and corona physical is becoming my material of choice. Great thing is now I can finally use old roughness maps as designed.