Author Topic: SkyPark by Zaha Hadid  (Read 18206 times)

2016-12-09, 10:01:46
Reply #15

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
As always awesome! :)
Juraj, How you did that contrasty sky (blue-orange) on main visualisation? It's just a HDRI?

Which one exactly :- ) ? Most blue-hour shots are just blue-hour HDRi (but with mirrored horizon ! :- ) ) but the exterior one has additional cylinder with "fake" Hdri photo of backplate.
The next making of when I come back from weekend will be about that. It's crude and simple...but worked effectively.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-12-09, 10:38:56
Reply #16

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Juraj,

great shots, great work!
This week I stumbled upon an awesome animation of the project. Did Veronika and you did this as well?

2016-12-09, 10:40:00
Reply #17

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As always awesome! :)
Juraj, How you did that contrasty sky (blue-orange) on main visualisation? It's just a HDRI?

Which one exactly :- ) ? Most blue-hour shots are just blue-hour HDRi (but with mirrored horizon ! :- ) ) but the exterior one has additional cylinder with "fake" Hdri photo of backplate.
The next making of when I come back from weekend will be about that. It's crude and simple...but worked effectively.

The one which is first on Behance :)
« Last Edit: 2016-12-09, 15:32:32 by Majeranek »
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2016-12-09, 15:30:31
Reply #18

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
The camera was our choice, accepting the distortion. The camera is already behind (almost 2 meters inside wall) and this is as far as focal length/clipping would work.

Reason for that is simple, this is very small, oval shaped terrace. If you want to make it look grand, and focus on the view and general feeling, the space and how it's perceived is unimportant in comparison.

I know people in archviz are allergic to wide-angle and distortion, but they are tools to be used for architecture and are super common in photography. I just embrace it, even though it's on the edge often. And quite frankly, even if that might seem wrong or ugly to some, I like the dynamic of such perspective often :- ) At some point is simply becomes a personal choice, a willful breaking of rules, like over-exposure, another thing I love to do that constantly irritates someone.

Catalogues need few "hero" shots, not multiple 50mm charismatic shots for instagram. Even if they look better, it's not option sadly.. and I accept that, it makes sense. This shot needed to encompass the lifestyle offered by this apartment, the connection between all the space, grandness of something that's not really that grand... selling an illusion a little bit, basically...marketing. People looking to buy it, they barely notice what kind of chair that is or that bottle is distorted. The super wide-angle makes it sort of abstract.

This is not something I would do for project describing architecture. But we're not selling architecture here at all.

But don't take it my reasoning makes it right :- D There is no need to like it, just explaining my thoughts that go into this.

Thanks for the reason behind it Juraj, I love hearing about the "behind the scenes" of your projects and not just the technical stuff. It's a business after all :)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2016-12-09, 16:30:22
Reply #19

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Beautiful.
That must be some high res geometry(displacement) on the bedding, since no shadow termination from the sun is present huh?

2016-12-11, 21:35:31
Reply #20

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Juraj,

great shots, great work!
This week I stumbled upon an awesome animation of the project. Did Veronika and you did this as well?

But of course... making a plagiarization* of our own work is my favourite hobby.. : ( No, we didn't.. MOTIV did. Much to our surprise.

*(This project had no brief. We did everything, from choosing which rooms and angles to go, how the interiors and styling should look, to shooting the photography to match our intended look. There was no client feedback on these images, they are 100perc. our pure work. )

« Last Edit: 2016-12-12, 04:34:21 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-12-11, 21:40:25
Reply #21

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Beautiful.
That must be some high res geometry(displacement) on the bedding, since no shadow termination from the sun is present huh?

There is turbo-smooth with Render Iteration=2. It is massive... Even that would not help with fine bump. Hopefully terminator can be solved as this workaround is quite ridiculous :- ).

The one which is first on Behance :)

I will post the settings from that scene. It's modified dusk HDRi (mostly bellow horizon) and warm lights. Quite standard fare though.

Did you check the small making of ? Lot of it is post-production. Maybe I could expand that section to include my CameraRaw workflow ?

night shoots  have really nice colors ,congrats !
I stopped commenting on arch-viz almost completely since it's all boring and generic lately.. but wow man, your work is simply so beautiful I couldn't resist not to. I could look at those images and admire them for hours. Attention to details and careful polishing of every single part of the image makes this one hell of a project! Thanks for sharing and keep being one of the best :)
Lovely night color palette and clean renders.

Thank you a lot guys...it's very appreciated these days.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-12, 04:36:19 by Juraj_Talcik »

2016-12-12, 08:10:19
Reply #22

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I will post the settings from that scene. It's modified dusk HDRi (mostly bellow horizon) and warm lights. Quite standard fare though.

Did you check the small making of ? Lot of it is post-production. Maybe I could expand that section to include my CameraRaw workflow ?

It would be nice to see that :)
« Last Edit: 2016-12-12, 08:55:00 by Majeranek »
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2016-12-12, 15:03:10
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
But of course... making a plagiarization* of our own work is my favourite hobby.. : ( No, we didn't.. MOTIV did. Much to our surprise.
Damn, this is the worst ripoff ever. Why the hell did they even use such extremely similar assets, lighting, colours...? It's just nonsense.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-12-12, 15:49:54
Reply #24

aldola

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic juraj, your work always pushes the limits of quality Further and further, this is an example of profesionalism an dedication.

really an inspiration.

2016-12-12, 17:22:02
Reply #25

Paul Springer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What happen to support bar at top of glass rail.. I have customer who hates this chair height view blocking- take off and risk snapping the glass off ?  No practical solution found yet for me as a builder.

2016-12-12, 19:42:01
Reply #26

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thanks a lot Aldola.

What happen to support bar at top of glass rail.. I have customer who hates this chair height view blocking- take off and risk snapping the glass off ?  No practical solution found yet for me as a builder.

It was in the way :- ) I wouldn't worry about the glass, it's 2x2cm glued together panes almost I believe.

Here is how it looked up originally, the details kept changing quite a lot... (The railing version with glass you see in Making-off was actually our mockup suggestion, we hated the original version a lot. I was surprised they went even more minimal).

2016-12-13, 13:14:56
Reply #27

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lovely work Juraj and Veronika!
Attention to details is spot on, so is the ambience!
Maybe contrast is a bit  surplus in dusk interior images!
Assume that the girl in external dusk image is 2D. Slightly less visible and close to each other reflections in pane might be better.
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2016-12-14, 02:54:21
Reply #28

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Lovely work Juraj and Veronika!
Attention to details is spot on, so is the ambience!
Maybe contrast is a bit  surplus in dusk interior images!
Assume that the girl in external dusk image is 2D. Slightly less visible and close to each other reflections in pane might be better.

You are correct. I am not very happy with that interior to be honest, and I am experimenting with different dusk shot lighting for interiors.

The woman :- ) was supposed to end up being 3D, but then I just moved on. Will experiment next time though !

2016-12-15, 01:22:39
Reply #29

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Wow..nice renders. I like the bedroom shots the most. The lighting and mood is just perfect.