Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

corona uvw randomizer "multiple input"?

<< < (3/4) > >>

JonathanVis:
Both VRay and FStorm have two solutions to this. Vray uses the mapping source to plug in on the left of the node, allowing one mapping setup to be connected to all related bitmaps. FStorm has the settings embedded in the texture itself, so you don't need an additional node. A further development on this would be to include UVW randomization and Triplanar Possibilities in the CoronaPhysicalMaterial directly, applying it on the entire material and all its textures.

arqrenderz:
Imagine exposed controllers for those maps, Blender does this in a very cleaver way, is super fast to change settings for a map without accessing the entire node tree

dfcorona:
I would love to know why Corona doesn't adopt this much better material workflow.  Also I found "Corona UVWRandoimizer Map" to slow render times down a LOT.  Why is that? Fstorm or Vray don't take longer to render when they use UVW Randomizer. Is it because Corona needs many UVWRandomizer nodes for each slot unlike the others?

Just look at the attached image, I mean come on.

romullus:

--- Quote from: dfcorona on 2023-03-30, 04:29:45 ---Also I found "Corona UVWRandoimizer Map" to slow render times down a LOT.  Why is that?

--- End quote ---

Make sure to uncheck high quality blending if you don't really need it, it can increase render times dramatically. Don't know why this feature is enabled by default.

Juraj:

--- Quote from: dfcorona on 2023-03-30, 04:29:45 ---I would love to know why Corona doesn't adopt this much better material workflow.  Also I found "Corona UVWRandoimizer Map" to slow render times down a LOT.  Why is that? Fstorm or Vray don't take longer to render when they use UVW Randomizer. Is it because Corona needs many UVWRandomizer nodes for each slot unlike the others?

Just look at the attached image, I mean come on.

--- End quote ---

Yeah this looks very good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version