Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] Feature Requests

The most wanted Chaos Scatter feature?

(1/4) > >>

mike288:
We need to prioritize, as there are so many feature ideas to implement. We would like to know your preferences. Please tell us what we should consider doing first, second, ...

Each have 3 votes. You can change your mind later.

arqrenderz:
I like to have the ability to scale independent objects INSIDE the scatter, i have already asked for this and some one from corona just told me to scale the original object, WE don't want to scale the original objects! Please listen to the users, we are the ones using the tool, don't think as coders when asking for user feedback.
We also want as much speed as posible, right now it becomes sluggish on heavy geometry and lots of scattered objects.

mike288:

--- Quote from: arqrenderz on 2022-06-21, 15:24:06 ---I like to have the ability to scale independent objects INSIDE the scatter, i have already asked for this and some one from corona just told me to scale the original object, WE don't want to scale the original objects! Please listen to the users, we are the ones using the tool, don't think as coders when asking for user feedback.
We also want as much speed as posible, right now it becomes sluggish on heavy geometry and lots of scattered objects.

--- End quote ---

Could you please describe in which scenario a dedicated scale control for each model would help? It is always better to describe the problem you are trying to solve, than yelling 'I need this' without telling why. We are always interested in user feedback. Just understand that things take time to design and implement. Resources are limited. We work hard, believe me.

As for the performance issues you experience, could you please provide us scenes that we could use for finding/testing optimizations?

Thank you.

SnifferCZ:

--- Quote from: arqrenderz on 2022-06-21, 15:24:06 ---I like to have the ability to scale independent objects INSIDE the scatter, i have already asked for this and some one from corona just told me to scale the original object, WE don't want to scale the original objects!
--- End quote ---

despite the fact that we have added the ability to change the scale - preserve scale mode ;)

mferster:
I voted for the following in order of importance.

Edge Trimming >>>>>>> Render time displacement support > clustering

1. Edge trimming
(out of all the options listed this is the one would save me the most time in my process.)

2. Render-time displacement support
(I was surprised how few people have voted for this feature, not having render time displacement support limits the use cases of where you can use chaos scatter)

3. Clustering is important for having natural scatters

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version