Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149472 times)

2022-02-23, 17:21:24
Reply #420

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
the new tonemappers are quite interesting and useful, thanks.
I would like to point out a few things:

1. Adding a new layer restarts interactive rendering for me

6. I'm used to setting the color through HSV space, in the new colorpicker the display of the Hue scale is affected by the Saturation parameter, which means that when the saturation values ​​​​are close to 0, it becomes very difficult to select the desired H value by eye. Is it possible to make the Hue scale, as before, displayed with the maximum saturation value

7. The "refresh" button doesn't work for me

8. As I noticed, LUTs can no longer be selected when the list is closed by scrolling with the mouse wheel, it was quite convenient
« Last Edit: 2022-03-04, 05:16:51 by marchik »

2022-02-24, 14:16:46
Reply #421

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
how is albedo calculated? The albedo is the amount of light that the color reflects, right?  If we are at 0 saturation and value 90% the albedo shouldn't be 90% too?

2022-02-24, 17:59:29
Reply #422

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Antoher question. When one Cam is in overide tonemapping mode, the name of the cam and his parameters appears at the framebuffer, but when i change to another cam, the name and parameters dont change and it keep the first one. This happens everytime in interactive mode for me, but only sometimes it works good on production mode. Its so anoyng to configurate the exposure of everycam.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-25, 00:07:41 by n2graf »

2022-02-24, 23:33:16
Reply #423

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looking forward to when the corona team does a tutorial on how to use/import cryptomatte into photoshop - im kind of confused as to the workflow.  I exported it out as a CXR and changed the extension to exr - imported in photoshop and a tonne of layers imported?  almost 4 to 5 times the amount of passes i had in the vfb + it imported in PS without the tonemapping applied (looks raw).... anyway im sure theres a logical explanation.

2022-02-25, 01:17:33
Reply #424

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That ton of layers is correct - each layer is the mask for.. well whatever you selected in cryptomatte, let's say Name as a default, which would mean you get one mask for every object, letting you isolate it with correct motion blur and depth of field.

This is easier in something that is not Photoshop, e.g. Nuke, where you should have nice nodes with a dropdown list so you can choose the object in question that way, but in terms of something like Photoshop this is what is to be expected from Cryptomatte. You can then use those masks as needed, e.g. copy them into the Mask of an Adjustment Layer to apply an adjustment only to that object, or use them as masks when blending Render Elements like Reflectance etc. Sadly Photoshop is just not very elegant this, though!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-02-25, 01:31:52
Reply #425

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
totally understand - ok perfect so i will just use this opened exr/cxr file as a placeholder and copy and paste masks into another photoshop file as required to keep filesize down :)thanks heaps for the info
PS - why does it come in without the tonemapping though?

2022-02-25, 01:53:03
Reply #426

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm that's an interesting question, I haven't looked but since it is saved as CXR, it contains the data needed for the Corona Image Editor to apply the tone mapping itself, so it is possible the Beauty pass has no tone mapping applied since the CIE is meant to apply it. We'll have to have a look!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-02-25, 07:18:48
Reply #427

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey corona devs - just a heads up - when you use a coronacolorcorrect node and activate the editor for curves, it crashes max on latest daily.

2022-02-25, 09:04:55
Reply #428

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
hey corona devs - just a heads up - when you use a coronacolorcorrect node and activate the editor for curves, it crashes max on latest daily.
Hi,

Thanks, reproduced and reported.

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-1338)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-02-25, 09:06:34
Reply #429

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Antoher question. When one Cam is in overide tonemapping mode, the name of the cam and his parameters appears at the framebuffer, but when i change to another cam, the name and parameters dont change and it keep the first one. This happens everytime in interactive mode for me, but only sometimes it works good on production mode. Its so anoyng to configurate the exposure of everycam.
Hi,

I'll look into this.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-02-26, 13:31:07
Reply #430

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

New Tone mapping looks interesting, but would be nice to see some tutorial about it.
I tried different presets from the built in list, but didn't find useful ones except Dubcat's  ACES emulation. Maybe I do something wrong, but others look odd for me. Tutorial about new operators should help to understand how they work and get better render results

2022-02-26, 14:31:52
Reply #431

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why can't the eye dropper from the new color picker just be like any other eye dropper tool out there, where you just click on the icon and then on the target? Why still using this annoying and unintuitive dragging mode?

Guys, these small details are really important since they improve user experience.

On the other hand, you did a great job with the new color picker UI.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-26, 16:07:20 by Basshunter »

2022-02-28, 02:48:54
Reply #432

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
has anyone elses render dialgoue box on the latest daily now gone empty?

2022-02-28, 08:18:48
Reply #433

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
has anyone elses render dialgoue box on the latest daily now gone empty?
Hi,

It means you probably need to activate corona using the new licensing system. Instuctions on that are here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33839.msg194990#msg194990

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-02-28, 22:58:04
Reply #434

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been using a lot of the chaos cosmos assets in the latest daily builds, but it seems like a lot of the materials that are attached to the models are underdeveloped?

For example:

-All the people have glossiness values set to 1 and anisotropy set to 0.5 and only have a diffuse map
-a majority of the leafy plant materials I have tried have no translucency and also have the same glossiness values as above.

I just want to check to see if this is a known issue and planned to be addressed in subsequent releases.