Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175763 times)

2021-02-16, 09:44:31
Reply #105

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1
I hope Corona is not dying slowly...

2021-02-16, 10:15:03
Reply #106

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Don't worry, we're still going strong :)

We're currently in a phase where we're doing some long needed maintenance of the code, which also includes some bigger changes of the rendering core. Small sneak peak of things coming in the next daily build:
  • Up to 30% speedup in scenes with transparency & media
  • Up to 60% speedup of HQ denoising (~20% on average)
  • Fixed self-intersection and precision issues when camera/scene is not centered on the coordinate system origin

Unfortunately for the last few weeks we're in a state where we want to release new build that week, only to find out one more bug introduced by these changes that we want/need to fix before doing that. I have high hopes for this week, but I don't want to make any promises.

2021-02-16, 10:22:39
Reply #107

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Don't worry, we're still going strong :)

We're currently in a phase where we're doing some long needed maintenance of the code, which also includes some bigger changes of the rendering core. Small sneak peak of things coming in the next daily build:
  • Up to 30% speedup in scenes with transparency & media
  • Up to 60% speedup of HQ denoising (~20% on average)
  • Fixed self-intersection and precision issues when camera/scene is not centered on the coordinate system origin

Unfortunately for the last few weeks we're in a state where we want to release new build that week, only to find out one more bug introduced by these changes that we want/need to fix before doing that. I have high hopes for this week, but I don't want to make any promises.

Yeah, this is nice. Does the speed up apply also to opacity ?
What about tone mapping ?

2021-02-16, 11:01:17
Reply #108

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile

Yeah, transparency/opacity, same thing :)

Sorry for missing the previous question about tone mapping. We're still progressing from the pipeline being hardcoded to being configurable from the UI. That will still take at least few weeks, again taking a bit longer than it normally would, because this is also connected to cleaning up some old UI code, etc.

The first iteration will be just the current pipeline where you can duplicate some operators or change their order. Only after this step it would make sense to start experimenting with adding new operators.

2021-02-16, 13:50:16
Reply #109

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hey! Yesterday I found a critical error when working in Corona 7. When you turn on Batch Render, after rendering the first image, Max crashes. Could this be due to the fact that the scene was made in Corona 6?

System:
Ryzen 3950x
64Gb RAM
RTX 3070
Hi,

Would you be able to provide the scene in question? I would like to investigate this :)

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-02-16, 13:57:26
Reply #110

maximvis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the answer. The error occurs in all scenes that were created in Crown 6 and lower. I can upload a scene for you, the question is where and in which version of 3d max)

2021-02-16, 14:22:08
Reply #111

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to next build.

2021-02-16, 14:29:33
Reply #112

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the answer. The error occurs in all scenes that were created in Crown 6 and lower. I can upload a scene for you, the question is where and in which version of 3d max)
Hi,

You can find instructions on how to send the scene to me in my signature. Any version of 3ds max is fine for me.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-02-16, 14:34:18
Reply #113

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yeah, transparency/opacity, same thing :)

Sorry for missing the previous question about tone mapping. We're still progressing from the pipeline being hardcoded to being configurable from the UI. That will still take at least few weeks, again taking a bit longer than it normally would, because this is also connected to cleaning up some old UI code, etc.

The first iteration will be just the current pipeline where you can duplicate some operators or change their order. Only after this step it would make sense to start experimenting with adding new operators.

Thank you Ryuu, this looks nice. Have you guys decided already whether the tonemapping will bring new modes aside from reinhard etc, and also things more like camera raw - shadows/whites/blacks etc. ? All this together and being able to stack multiple operators would be awesome.

2021-02-16, 14:43:53
Reply #114

maximvis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

You can find instructions on how to send the scene to me in my signature. Any version of 3ds max is fine for me.

Cheers,

Rowan

I sent you an email. Thank)

Maxim

2021-02-16, 14:50:14
Reply #115

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Maxim
Thanks,

I have the scene, we will take a look and I will let you know when I have some more info.

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-02-16, 14:54:45
Reply #116

maximvis

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Maxim
Thanks,

I have the scene, we will take a look and I will let you know when I have some more info.

Rowan

Thank you so much! I will wait. Good luck, thanks for Corona)

2021-02-16, 16:59:38
Reply #117

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much! I will wait. Good luck, thanks for Corona)
Hi,

So I have some good news. It looks like this bug is caused by an issue that we already know about and we have already fixed it in our internal builds.

If everything goes as planned the fix will be in the next daily build.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-148)

Send me your scene!

2021-02-16, 17:24:50
Reply #118

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Do you know if the issues with UVW Randomizer's compatibility with other maps will be fixed in the next daily build?

2021-02-17, 09:04:50
Reply #119

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you know if the issues with UVW Randomizer's compatibility with other maps will be fixed in the next daily build?
It's still on our list, but sadly I can't give a timescale on that one yet.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!