Author Topic: Corona Licensing starting to become a bad joke...  (Read 1853 times)

2023-06-21, 00:51:49

theXbucket

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So Im totally annoyed with chaos. The changed the payment company and im facing the 4th!!! Issue with this.
First was a non-working license for several days 3 month ago. Then the next one a month ago where I got an email telling me, I would loose my license when I don't pay. Payment plan was working fine... The next one 7 days ago, where the license stopped working in the night; I had to finish a job until the morning. Only solution was to buy another license (I went with the yearly this time) as I couldn't extend the existing. In the morning the money for the monthly license was enlisted.
I wrote to the support and no answer for 3 days. I asked for a refund of the monthly payment invoice but no action. Today the next thing; another payment is enlisted; oh and I always paid without tax as it's a business expense; nevertheless suddenly there is tax on my invoices. This really annoys me big time (and this is nicely said)!!
You can't double the price of something and go along with such a bad support.
As a freelancer you have crucial dates your work must be finished and not being able to finish a job can quickly costs thousands when a client don't get his work on point. What's going on there? If I wouldn't rely heavily on Corona as the last 7 years projects are done with it, Id quickly leave the boat. Worst experience I ever had with a software company and this is in no way professional.

2023-06-21, 10:26:38
Reply #1

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Totally feel your pain, I've had a fairly similar experience - I had previous issues transferring a legacy subscription over to the new licensing model, then I sent an enquiry about the price of the license before the annual renewal (which still hasn't been responded to 16 days later).

During those 16 days I was sent the invoice for the annual licence - which was actually at the price I'd expected so I paid immediately. Then I was charged again for the annual licence automatically even though I had already paid - and am now waiting a response from support about the double payment.

Likewise - being a freelancer, an extra £500 here and there makes a big difference so hopefully not waiting long for the refund. Good luck!

2023-06-21, 16:45:04
Reply #2

theXbucket

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Definitely!!! Especially after Covid and the side effects of the Ukrainian war.
Im not sure if Chas or that licensing company is to blame but these are circumstances I never faced with another company; not matter if 3d 2d stuff or audio companies.

2023-06-22, 09:19:22
Reply #3

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would encourage you to send complaints like this direct to Chaos. (As well as on the forum)

I know some devs and employees visit these forums - but I expect this sort of issue is a more structural problem with chaos management.

As the licencing has had various mis-steps since Corona merged with Chaos - it's work keeping mentioning this sort of stuff as directly as possible - as it can easily sour a persons view of an otherwise excellent product.

2023-06-22, 09:29:07
Reply #4

babumbol

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What's going on there? If I wouldn't rely heavily on Corona as the last 7 years projects are done with it, Id quickly leave the boat.
Been there, done that. My advice: Don't leave quickly. Calculate ~1 year for the transition. Maybe more. You will have to keep at least one Corona license for old projects/clients for some time. There is a lot of stuff to convert, yes. But it pays out in the end. And adding one Octane license just for testing out isn't that expensive.

2023-06-22, 15:16:39
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, we are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. It seems that something isn't working as it should and we need to take care of it. Our priority, and what we are working on right now, is to find out what is causing your situation and resolve it ASAP. We also need to make sure that it doesn't happen to others.

It is more than understandable to share complaints publicly here on our forum, but please keep in mind that the official communication channel, and the best place to get problems solved, is our help center. Our support teams are dealing with similar cases on a daily basis and they are being resolved positively. So if you haven't submitted a support ticket yet (I can see that some of you definitely have), please do so here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

-Marcin

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-06-23, 16:19:41
Reply #6

3DInteriors

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3D Interiors
In the morning, the software didn't start, but Chaos didn't deduct the money from my bank account either. So I manually renewed it, and later, after 5-6 hours, it tried to deduct the already paid amount from my account again.

2023-06-25, 18:00:17
Reply #7

theXbucket

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, we are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. It seems that something isn't working as it should and we need to take care of it. Our priority, and what we are working on right now, is to find out what is causing your situation and resolve it ASAP. We also need to make sure that it doesn't happen to others.

It is more than understandable to share complaints publicly here on our forum, but please keep in mind that the official communication channel, and the best place to get problems solved, is our help center. Our support teams are dealing with similar cases on a daily basis and they are being resolved positively. So if you haven't submitted a support ticket yet (I can see that some of you definitely have), please do so here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

-Marcin

Waiting since 9 days on a reply for the support ticket...

2023-06-27, 17:46:45
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@theXbucket - If my understanding is correct, your issue is resolved now. Is that right?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us