Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Interactive rendering
« Last post by dunedin on Today at 11:28:49 »
thanks for the tipp!

I still wonder what are people working with when useing ir. Do you keep the fullrender size or do you lower the size for working?

Best regrads
Colin
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Interactive rendering
« Last post by John_Do on Today at 11:07:08 »
Hi,

Disable this setting, which is new and enabled by default starting from v10.

[C4D] I need help! / Interactive rendering
« Last post by dunedin on Today at 10:51:52 »
Hi ,
I have a question about the IR window. in earlier verssions of corona i used the ir window to work on the scene by putting in a lower pixel size in the output tab of the render setting. then when i needed to check the fine textures i had to render the full size with regional render and use the vfb, since ir window was to big and went offscreen.

now with the new corona built i noticed that even if i have a fullsize render in the rendersetting the ir window is still shown small and it adjust acording to the size I have on the ir window. Pressing the zoom to original size does seam not to work on the ir window. Can anyone clarify how the ir window and the output setting is connected? do i have to put in a lower output to work on the ir render? does it matter what size i have in the output render setting when useing the ir ( time and ram) ? how to check materilas in original size.

thanks for the help
colin
Gallery / Re: TDR Tower
« Last post by parisa.pn on Today at 09:19:58 »
Thanks a lot
Hello there,
Thank you so much for all your feedback.
We usually ask for testing files because we need to try allocating the root cause, which may differ from one user to another, from one computer to another, and so on.
The more information/files we gather, the more likely we are to find the root cause of the issue.

@frv, thank you for the project; I'm downloading it while writing this reply.
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: C4D 2024.4 Particles
« Last post by TomG on Yesterday at 21:34:00 »
Yep, understood that the cloner isn't used directly when rendering through Redshift (though very similar stuff is going on then, just built in to the UI without going through a Cloner as an extra set up step).
[C4D] General Discussion / Re: C4D 2024.4 Particles
« Last post by Designcoyote1 on Yesterday at 21:04:28 »
That's what I saw too in a video about particles (though all the ones I found just focused on the generation and simulation, and stopped before talking about rendering lol!)
Hie Tom. Actually, you can render the Cinema 4D Particles without having to use the cloner. The cloner method was probably offered as an alternative solution for Render Engines that do not support rendering of the Particles yet. Within the object tag, you can choose different methods of rendering the particles. Hope to see such a feature soon within Corona. Thank you.
Gallery / St. Louis Park, Minnesota Residence Project
« Last post by Beta on Yesterday at 18:44:16 »
Hello,

This is my latest project regarding a residence near Cedar Lake in St. Louis Park, Minnesota.
Thanks John, love the script. Works very well. Super easy. Makes the asset browser usable again with Maxtree assets.
For each placed Magnolia tree from the asset browser which has the same Magnolia CR material for all different Magnolia trees, C4D will still generate a new material slowing down everything.

Yeah, that's dumb but unfortunately, that's normal according to Maxon since materials are static, unlike objects which can be instantiated and linked. This kept me from building a large model library for a specific long-term project upon the AB and it's too bad since the deep level of integration is nice.

Aturtur wrote a script to merge materials sharing the same name, which is a bit unsafe since a name can be shared by as many materials as you want, even between materials from different render engines. I've modified it to run over the current material selection, which is a bit safer (also fixed a few bugs in the process). It's attached if you need it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10