Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

black edge + opacity bug in refractive material

(1/3) > >>

v.p.vlasenko:
1. Black edge where object with refractive material contacts other geometry - image attached.
2. Setting opacity to 0 makes fog like material.
On the second image water material have opacity 0, but underneath surface have blue color.
The third image is a preview but the sphere is still barely visible.

Both problems appear on physical and legacy materials.

Corona V7.

maru:
Could you send us this scene archived with all assets? The uploader is in my signature below.

--- Quote from: v.p.vlasenko on 2021-07-22, 21:08:38 ---2. Setting opacity to 0 makes fog like material.
On the second image water material have opacity 0, but underneath surface have blue color.
The third image is a preview but the sphere is still barely visible.

--- End quote ---

These things are expected. When you hide the surface (set opacity to 0) you still see the volume.

v.p.vlasenko:
Uploaded 1627392598_black-edge.zip. I simplified the scene and used simple materials - the edge is still visible.

--- Quote ---These things are expected. When you hide the surface (set opacity to 0) you still see the volume
--- End quote ---
so there is no way to make a hole in let's say "water" surface, except adjusting geometry?
Just to clarify - that a surface with reflection/refraction and absorption without scattering.

maru:
At least one of those objects was heavily scaled. Applying "reset xform" to both the sea and the object fixes the issue immediately.

v.p.vlasenko:
Thanks for the answer - haven't tried reset xform.

What about the second question?

In that scene there was a pool a bit higher than the sea - I need to do sea invisible below that pool, how can I do that? For sea I used a plane with a high scale multiplier in settings (so it go up to horizon), so changing geometry isn't an option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version