Author Topic: DR node weird name problem  (Read 2848 times)

2017-04-27, 14:55:24

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One of our nodes has renamed itself as www.happy-digital.com.

It's not called that under any system settings and I've already changed it once on the DR server dialog box and it's changed back.

I've not put this under bugs as I think we might have a virus, but I've done a scan and nothing has come up.

Any ideas?

2017-04-27, 20:00:26
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does it switch back immediately when you close the DRserver and re-open it?

Maybe try running it as an administrator and try changing it in that mode?

« Last Edit: 2017-04-27, 20:06:57 by mferster »

2017-04-28, 10:31:26
Reply #2

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's really odd. It was called that on Wednesday. I changed it back (using the DR server dialog box) to the computer name and it seemed fine (appeared properly in the DR list).

Using DR on Thursday it had changed back to happy-digital so I changed the name in the dialog and also in the config text file.

Seems OK so far today, but it's a bit random as to why it was called that to start with.

If it reverts I will report back here.

2017-05-09, 20:55:51
Reply #3

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's changed back. The DR dialog box name says happy-digital.com and the DR config text file is blank. Any clues?

I looked up the website and it's a VRay grass plugin. It's not something we've ever used here that I know of.

2017-05-16, 03:44:01
Reply #4

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think it's pulling the name from your system host file.  I had the same issue.  Changing the computer name in the system, computer name, domain, and workgroup settings fixed it for me.

2017-05-16, 09:53:21
Reply #5

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I guessed that might be the case and I thought I had checked all those, but I will check again.

Thanks,
Adam

2017-05-16, 12:53:55
Reply #6

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You're right - it was in the hosts file. OK, I think I might know why that was in there - it's possible a naughty person who isn't with us any more may have added it.

All the other names were correct.

It would be good if it kept the name from the config text file though.

Thanks for the suggestion.