Author Topic: Corona 7 RC5 keeps crashing  (Read 2859 times)

2021-08-03, 15:10:45

nnzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, i've been using RC5 since its release and it crashes all the time, when IR is on and i make any change to the project. Actually i believe it was fine in the first day of use, then I added some c4d's content browser objects, and everything was still working. A weekend later I open the project and it won't render, crash window asked for a new version of my graphics cards (rtx 2070). Once the driver is updated, the project wont render because it was using too much RAM. Content browser objects deleted, no more RAM problem.

I have tried to isolate the problem, splitting the scene into different files. I thought it could be caustics, takes, materials, clones, but I just cant figure it out. Every couple of changes in the scene and corona crashes, when using the whole file, while it lasts running for a few more steps when i split this file into smaller pieces. I'm sorry i can't be any specific in my description, but that's all I found out after a whole day trying (shame on me). I sent the project file via dropbox, the bug report is attached.

2021-08-04, 12:10:56
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hey,

have you tried reinstalling corona and/or cinema4d? from the bugreport I can see that a take can be corrupted, which doesn't necessarily have to correlate to corona. I'll take a further look into the scene.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-08-05, 19:55:05
Reply #2

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You should now try the released v7 of Corona just to see if the issue still exists.

2021-08-11, 23:57:31
Reply #3

nnzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I deleted a couple of things from the file, like light passes and two multi-instance cloners, and now I'm getting a new error in bug report. Sometimes the bug report ends with: ge_container.h(331)]. I'm using corona 7 final release for some days and still the IR is unusable, c4d crashes after 2 or 3 changes in the project
« Last Edit: 2021-08-12, 00:43:48 by nnzz »

2021-08-12, 09:39:22
Reply #4

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

could you also attach a minidump.dmp file? (It should be in the same directory as the _bugreport.txt)

Thanks,
Jan

(Internal ID=738164444)
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-08-12, 16:33:56
Reply #5

nnzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here it is! Thank you for the quick reply

2021-08-13, 15:11:56
Reply #6

nnzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this message is popping up too

===== Error(-11) =====
An internal error occurred: wxWidgets assertion failure. Please, report this problem to us.
File: E:\corona\dependencies\build\u\wxWidgets\3.1.3\src\src\common\wincmn.cpp(3314)
Function: wxWindowBase::CaptureMouse
Condition: !wxMouseCapture::IsInCaptureStack(this)

===== Error(-11) =====
An internal error occurred: wxWidgets assertion failure. Please, report this problem to us.
File: E:\corona\dependencies\build\u\wxWidgets\3.1.3\src\src\common\wincmn.cpp(3314)
Function: wxWindowBase::CaptureMouse
Condition: !wxMouseCapture::IsInCaptureStack(this)

2021-08-13, 16:48:02
Reply #7

nnzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i uploaded the scene file: 1628865907_link.txt