Author Topic: Best vegetation pack for corona  (Read 27898 times)

2016-04-28, 21:01:59
Reply #15

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A while ago I contacted the guy from Maxtree and let him look at the vegetation shader Juraj posted. He then remade the shading for all the leaves for a better Corona intergration and they are way better now than they were. So if you own them you should be able to download the improved ones. 

2016-04-28, 23:07:44
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Has anyone here tried the The Grove?

https://www.thegrove3d.com/

Sounds really interesting.

Duh, this looks so cool ! That's actually what I always thought it should look like. Damn amazing.

Bit sad it is a primarily Blender integration from which you must export it.... why Blender ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-29, 07:16:34
Reply #17

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This plantfactory thing looks very similar to speedtree... Seems cheaper though.

...and the conclusion iiiiiiiiis ?!

Cheaper in terms of less money or quality, speedtree seems quite common and established, so sorry donĀ“t get the clue.

cheaper as it costs less.
But if it's true that it is even more difficult to hande than speedtree then screw it. I got to work in past with an older version of speedtree and I didn't like that.

2016-04-29, 07:28:09
Reply #18

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

This looks quite good, probably gonna get this myself. Thanks for the tip.

2016-04-29, 08:37:13
Reply #19

sht

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Looks nice!
Anyone tested it already?

2016-04-29, 10:06:03
Reply #20

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Duh, this looks so cool ! That's actually what I always thought it should look like. Damn amazing.

Bit sad it is a primarily Blender integration from which you must export it.... why Blender ?

Because he's a Blender guy from the early beginning and his primary 3D application. I wonder if it's selling o.k since a lot of people are let down by the fact that you have to buy it and Blender is a free open source application. It seems that the tools are there to also intergrate it as a plugin for other apps so who knows... I'll ask him if I see him again since he lives in the same city as I do.

2016-04-29, 10:14:45
Reply #21

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

Because he's a Blender guy from the early beginning and his primary 3D application. I wonder if it's selling o.k since a lot of people are let down by the fact that you have to buy it and Blender is a free open source application. It seems that the tools are there to also intergrate it as a plugin for other apps so who knows... I'll ask him if I see him again since he lives in the same city as I do.

Hello Leocv thanks for bringing this plugin to our attention.
Hi Fellazb keep us updated!

« Last Edit: 2016-04-29, 10:19:04 by belly »

2016-04-29, 11:51:03
Reply #22

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

We need to throw some money on this guy...if someone deserves it finally, it's him.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-04-29, 12:16:58
Reply #23

ktulu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for suggesting The Grove.
I just found this conference talk by the developer:

Really interesting approach.

2016-04-29, 14:02:48
Reply #24

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I watched a couple of those Grove videos a while ago.

It really is quite an amazing tree generator, but there is a downside, you have to create your own branches, or as they call them seeds.
So you model a stem with leaves and nuts or whatever you like and it puts them over the tree. They do have a bunch of them that come with the plugin.

Yes would love to see a 3dsmax version.

2016-04-29, 14:09:20
Reply #25

leocv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My behance portfolio
Thank you for sharing the video, ktulu!
Great to know more about The Grove.
KISS Principle
Keep it simple, stupid!

www.behance.net/leonardovieira

2016-05-01, 16:53:02
Reply #26

darrentomkins

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have I missed something but i haven't seen anyone comment on Laubwerk - good trees from a distance and nice options with age and season but not the greatest close up. Also too saturated. Then there is GrowFX which needs a bit of work with regards to inverting the opacity map and actually adding it to the map slot, then also using the converter and finally scaling it up but after all htat it actually is really good!

2016-05-01, 20:04:38
Reply #27

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me Maxtree + growFX.
Vizpark has some good and some really bad models. Maxtree (apart from some saturation/IOR/gamma issues) is the best IMHO.

But the grove looks promissing!

2016-05-01, 20:27:09
Reply #28

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
So, does anyone actually tried Grove or are you affraid of Blender? :] Shame they don't offer a trial version - wouldn't mind to play with it for a while.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-01, 20:29:02
Reply #29

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am afraid of using Blender (I have seizure just just looking at the UI), but I guess I'll bite the bullet for this. It seems everything I ever wished in tree app.