Author Topic: Highlight Compression Macros for Eyeon Fusion + Foundry Nuke  (Read 53573 times)

2013-10-18, 10:12:40
Reply #15

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Ok, I added the filmic tonemapping as a separate macro. Since fusions UI capabilities with macros are very limited I decided to keep it 1 macro per curve :) Unfortunately all the sliders default to 0 when you click the little dot in the middle (even when I set it to some other values in the macro tool). If someone knows a solution to that I would be very happy to hear it :)

Hello DeadClown

MacroScript for 3DStudio Max?
No. Fusion and Nuke.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-01-15, 16:40:43
Reply #16

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Captain obvious! Great the nuke gizmo

2014-01-16, 17:53:03
Reply #17

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Damn that example image really highlights why filmic mapping is superior.

I know the dev team hate unnecessary requests but would it be possible to have the option to utilise filmic compression mapping from within Corona (as an option to the standard mapping)? Shouldn't be too arduous to implement as the code / algorithms are already available here.

This could be something that really sets Corona apart from other renderers, so I don't think its a totally frivolous request. Arch viz shots with good contrast and saturation without burnouts straight out of the box = hnnnnnnnnng!
Vray who?

2014-01-28, 14:00:38
Reply #18

rockin

• Users
    • View Profile
Just wanted to extend my thanks. These are super useful, I've been on the watch for eyeon Fusion tone mappers for years!

2014-01-28, 14:17:29
Reply #19

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it possible to use the nuke gizmo in nuke 8 ?

2014-01-28, 18:36:47
Reply #20

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Opened up the eval version of Fusion, this is how I felt:

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get this going to a complete fusion noob? Or would Nuke be better for a compositing beginner?
« Last Edit: 2014-01-28, 18:44:09 by agentdark45 »
Vray who?

2014-01-28, 19:35:41
Reply #21

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks

2014-01-28, 22:13:03
Reply #22

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, much appreciated!

I just got it working, so far so good! Although I am a little puzzled at some of the names of the sliders...would you mind giving a quick run-down of what the sliders do? I guess the "holy grail" would be to find some settings that could town down burnouts whilst retaining contrast and saturation is the rest of the image (kind of like the comparison image posted earlier).

Also, when working this way would it be advisable to render a scene with good overall illumination with visible burnouts, and post process the burnouts out after. Or underexpose the scene / use reduced lighting levels to avoid burnouts and bring the levels up after in post?
« Last Edit: 2014-01-29, 01:52:49 by agentdark45 »
Vray who?

2014-01-29, 01:53:09
Reply #23

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I know the dev team hate unnecessary requests but would it be possible to have the option to utilise filmic compression mapping from within Corona (as an option to the standard mapping)? Shouldn't be too arduous to implement as the code / algorithms are already available here.

This could be something that really sets Corona apart from other renderers, so I don't think its a totally frivolous request. Arch viz shots with good contrast and saturation without burnouts straight out of the box = hnnnnnnnnng!

Yes I've asked for this since day one :) 
I've asked for something similar to 19lights version.
http://19lights.com/wp/

2014-01-29, 02:46:58
Reply #24

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes I've asked for this since day one :) 
I've asked for something similar to 19lights version.
http://19lights.com/wp/

Great application of HDR tone mapping! Might be cool to do some sort of hybrid HDR / filmic mapping?
Vray who?

2014-01-29, 10:07:04
Reply #25

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I just got it working, so far so good! Although I am a little puzzled at some of the names of the sliders...would you mind giving a quick run-down of what the sliders do?

The problem is: I can't (easily). The best thing to do is taking a simple gradient, switching on a SubView ("SubV" at bottom left corner of a viewport) and set it to waveform; now you can see what the sliders do on the curve. It takes some time to understand the relationships and that's why I'm not sure if it's a good idea to implement something like that into corona.

2014-02-01, 04:18:17
Reply #26

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If Corona's frame buffer had an A-B, before and after post, then you could get a good understanding of what the tone mapping is doing. Similar to 3dsmax's RAM player but live, not loaded up renders, but whats in the frame buffer at the time.

2014-06-25, 00:35:11
Reply #27

coldworld

• Users
    • View Profile
work good  on Fusion 6
big thx  - DeadClown

ps. Fusion best and easy composing software ever !!!

2014-07-31, 03:47:40
Reply #28

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
This looks super cool! Thanks for making this guys!

I will def test the nuke gizmo!  Does anyone have side by side comparisons between the inbuilt corona compression and the filmic?

Thanks

2014-08-20, 21:32:54
Reply #29

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Thanks for the Nuke's script. Just to be sure I am taking the right steps. I need to save my render as a 32 exr image, right? Do I need to overwrite the gamma back to 1?

Thanks