Author Topic: Disable Exposure Control  (Read 6358 times)

2017-08-10, 07:05:19

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In my last project I create a physical camera like I always do, hit render and the image is very under exposed. However the VFB shows the exposure to be locked at -6.   I look around for a "6" somewhere and find that the "Exposure Gain>Target" setting in the Physical Camera is set to 6.

I can control the exposure with this setting, but I would prefer to control it inside the VFB, specially in early stages when I like to play around settings quickly.

I don't know how to go back to old behavior, I must've clicked something.  How can I go back to controlling exposure in VFB and not in Exposure Gain box?

Thanks.

2017-08-10, 08:50:03
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You need to disable max's exposure control. go to Effects and Enviroment and in exposure control rollout choose no exposure control. Now you are free to adjust exposure from cVFB.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-08-10, 12:30:07
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The exposure/tone mapping hierarchy is this:

1. Corona CameraMod - this will be always used, if present in the active camera
2. 3ds Max Physical Camera - this will be always used if rendering from physical camera, unless CameraMod is applied
3. Render settings - this is the lowest priority, used only if the above are not used

btw, Corona Camera is coming, and it will hopefully make this easier to comprehend
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-08-11, 01:36:39
Reply #3

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, that worked.

Any idea on how that can be turned on accidentally? I'm guessing a rouge shortcut? I've been using the same workflow for months and never happened to me. 

Looking forward to Corona Camera, I really like the common sense approach to your solutions, and I'm sure I will like it.

2017-08-11, 01:48:08
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Any idea on how that can be turned on accidentally?

Max weirdness: When you create a physical cam (just pressing the "Physical" button in object type is enough, you don't actually need to create one) the physical cam exposure control gets activated. Does not happen when using "Create physical cam from view" (or CTL+C when in perspective mode).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.