Author Topic: Color tint blending mode  (Read 2364 times)

2015-01-04, 22:24:23

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I found in our last daybuild (Build timestamp: Jan  2 2015 21:02:19) the COLOR TINT under exposure and color mapping. The effect it takes its to multiply the image with this color. Its posible to DIVIDE to create the white balance?

cheers!

« Last Edit: 2015-01-19, 20:14:38 by maru »

2015-01-05, 00:28:44
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I didn't yet touch this in Corona so I didn't even know this is how it was implemented. Well it's kind of true to name, that's what "Tint" does, but how that is useful to anyone..

Good catch.. ! Would be great if this was working as white balance color compensation instead (as it does so in Vray for example).

Not very fond of this wheel reinventing. At the moment, Vray 3.12 does have pretty much state of art framebuffer color correction panel, I would gladly take that. If they can copy the good parts of Corona, Corona can copy the good parts of Vray.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-05, 12:39:11
Reply #2

Alexp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes Juraj, its only to preview porpouse, I never use this controls for my final images, but its nice to play with the corrections in the frame buffer.

Best regards

2015-01-05, 14:52:19
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
No I find white balance with custom color (and not just Kelvin temperature) to be very useful, at least I did before Photoshop had CameraRaw plugin. That's why I didn't used it since, and didn't notice.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-22, 23:53:38
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
After a short discussion I've decided to keep it the way it is in the current UI
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)