Author Topic: Corona Decals issue with light material on scene  (Read 862 times)

2022-06-28, 00:56:47

paulostorch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys
Im having a very weird issue using decals in my scene. It has a light panel made with a "corona light mtl" with a gradient map in color. Notice that I added 1 decal to each strap, and when I render the scene, the reflections of the orange panel on the floor and ceiling disappear! When I delete the decals from the scene, the both reflections appear! What could possibly be happening?

I attached the 2 renders and a printscreen with the parameters of the decals.

2022-06-28, 13:03:39
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is indeed weird. Would you be able to share this scene with me? You can send a private message if you are not willing to share the scene publicly.

Have you tried using the excludes option in the Corona Decals so that ONLY the objects which the decals are projected onto are included, and the rest of the scene is excluded?
Maybe the decals are somehow projected onto a Corona Light and this is causing some issues.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-06-28, 14:47:55
Reply #2

paulostorch

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey! Thanks for the reply.
I followed your advice and deleted everything except the strap where the decals are applied. And it worked! The reflexes returned. But even so, it is a very strange situation. The Corona Renderer team could study what might be causing this.
Thank you!

2022-06-28, 14:52:52
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for checking this!

The Corona Renderer team could study what might be causing this.

Yes, definitely, but for this to happen:
Would you be able to share this scene with me? You can send a private message if you are not willing to share the scene publicly.

:)

2022-07-06, 15:04:03
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Reproduced and logged. Happens with both Corona Light Mtl and Corona Light object.

(Internal ID=926237436)