Author Topic: Excluding Sky from 1 object  (Read 2256 times)

2021-06-17, 17:14:25

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The title says it all. I know that you can turn off reflections and refractions on sky and it effects the entire scene but you cant target a single object to not be effected by the sky like you can the sun. Whats the best method to exclude a single object from the skys reflection?

I could render the object in a separate scene and overlay but id be doing about 200 product images and want to avoid extra photoshop editing if possible. any suggestions?

2021-06-25, 18:48:59
Reply #1

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't speak for the devs, but I'm guessing they will say Corona is a real-world render engine. What you want to do is be not realistic.

Now you mention the trick about rendering a separate pass. If you know how to use the Take System, you can set up one take for the main render and a second take for just the single object. Yes you still have to composite them later, but you can at least render them with one click.

2021-06-25, 20:25:23
Reply #2

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thats what I ended up doing. Was aware of this feature but it will definitely be used a lot now! Thank you!

2021-06-26, 00:02:26
Reply #3

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The title says it all. I know that you can turn off reflections and refractions on sky and it effects the entire scene but you cant target a single object to not be effected by the sky like you can the sun. Whats the best method to exclude a single object from the skys reflection?

I could render the object in a separate scene and overlay but id be doing about 200 product images and want to avoid extra photoshop editing if possible. any suggestions?
may be will try
Reflect BG override
Refract BG override
In object materials
:)

2021-06-28, 17:24:38
Reply #4

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, let me look that up in the manual. Oh wait, we STILL don't have a proper manual and we're on v7.