Author Topic: Button - Calculate "Noise Level Now"  (Read 2252 times)

2018-07-19, 00:26:54

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think, if possible, would be nice to have a button to calculate noise between the multiple 5 passes.
You hit the button and the noise level is calculate at that moment, or in the next pass change.

What do you think?

2018-07-19, 01:11:00
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can change how often Adaptivity (and so noise level) is calculated, it's in the devel debug section. Do note, though, that the default of 5 has been chosen deliberately (so that things are efficient), but the option to change it is there - personally, I only change it for debugging purposes (hence the name of the section!) when wanting to watch closely what noise is doing each pass :)

Of course not quite the same as having a button (but why would you want that btw? Could you explain more as to why that would be useful for you?)

Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-07-19, 02:43:27
Reply #2

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was just rendering a 360 stereo panorama with 4096x4096px and was wondering that this aould be cool to have. The passes were thaking a long time do render.

I already sas and taeaked the parameter in the debug section. But I prefer to keep it in the default.

Well, is nor a real necessity. I was just thinking, maybe more people could find this interesting.

Thanks

Ronald

2018-07-19, 08:25:17
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
But I prefer to keep it in the default.

I always use 1 because at some time noise calculation has been rewritten. It's not unlikely that recalc 1 gets "the default". In earlier versions noise calculation took some significant amount of time, this was the reason to introduce the interval. For a 8k image the difference between recalc 5 and recalc 1 is about 0.x percent now, that's worth it imho.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2018-07-19, 11:49:14 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-07-19, 10:45:15
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's interesting to know! Might try and see if i like more frequent noise recalculation better :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-07-19, 13:54:57
Reply #5

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I always use 1 because at some time noise calculation has been rewritten. It's not unlikely that recalc 1 gets "the default". In earlier versions noise calculation took some significant amount of time, this was the reason to introduce the interval. For a 8k image the difference between recalc 5 and recalc 1 is about 0.x percent now, that's worth it imho.

Good Luck
[/quote]

I´ll try that!