Author Topic: Auto store render  (Read 1392 times)

2018-07-14, 21:38:49

Otuama

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.

My work is starting to use Corona more and more.   We've used Vray for years and I think we'll eventually fully switch to Corona. 

Truthfully, I'm in two minds.  I haven't used Corona much but it looks great.  I just don't see the sense of switching.

Maybe because I've spent years creating a Vray asset library.

Anyway, I'm going off track.

In Vray we all have our VFB auto store the render in history.  We can then go back to the render and save out with all elements.

Corona doesn't seem to have this option.

In Vray you double click the image to view it.... You also have A&B comparison buttons.

In Corona, you can't load the image.  Yes, you can left & right click to show A&B but is there a way to actually load the image?

When an image is stored in history, you can press the little save button but it doesn't save out the elements with it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Sean

2018-07-15, 01:13:08
Reply #1

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all.

My work is starting to use Corona more and more.   We've used Vray for years and I think we'll eventually fully switch to Corona. 

Truthfully, I'm in two minds.  I haven't used Corona much but it looks great.  I just don't see the sense of switching.

Maybe because I've spent years creating a Vray asset library.

Anyway, I'm going off track.

In Vray we all have our VFB auto store the render in history.  We can then go back to the render and save out with all elements.

Corona doesn't seem to have this option.

In Vray you double click the image to view it.... You also have A&B comparison buttons.

In Corona, you can't load the image.  Yes, you can left & right click to show A&B but is there a way to actually load the image?

When an image is stored in history, you can press the little save button but it doesn't save out the elements with it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Sean

I believe if you resume that render you can save it out as normal.
You can also enable autosave in the system settings in the render setup dialog.

2018-07-16, 13:46:44
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You can use this "floppy" icon to save your history snapshot.
Some other features you described are not there yet, so I'm moving this thread to feature requests.

You may be also interested in the autosave feature: Render Setup > System > System settings > Enable autosave. This can be used to automatically store whatever is displayed in the VFB during rendering, based on a specific interval.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us