Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

C4D, Substance and Corona article

(1/2) > >>

TomG:
A great look at using Corona for C4D with Architecture Selection of Substance Source:

https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/how-we-used-substance-source-cinema-4d-and-corona-renderer

t0bybr:
Great article and very interesting for me as I’m also trying to use Substance Designer in conjunction with Corona for Cinema 4D. The only thing I can’t get to work is the IOR map. I can’t find the CoronaMix Texture in Corona for Cinema 4D. Is it missing in the Alpha or where can I find it?

Thanks.
Toby

Guillaume Meyer:
Hi Toby,

You don't need to uses "CoronaMix Texture" node in C4D, because you already have the "Layer" option. You'll find by clicking on the arrow next to the map slot. It's very complete and has different type of blending too.

For the IOR map generated by Substance Designer, you need to set the highest IOR value you want on your material.
Example: I designed a Chrome with dirt on it in Substance Designer > In Corona, I put 20-50 in the IOR value (for chrome) of my standard Material, then I input the IOR map generated by Substance Designer in the texture slot, it will decrease the value of the IOR where the dirt appears. (Chrome ~ 20 -50 / Dirt ~ 1.4)

IOR map >  White = 100% IOR value  / Black = 0% IOR Value.

Hope this answer suits your questions.
Cheers

t0bybr:
Hi Guillaume,

thanks for your reply. Awesome work in the article. I know the Layer option and tried using it but didn’t get the result I expected. And thanks to your answer I know why. I thought that using a Substance IOR map would overwrite the IOR setting in the Corona Material, but I still have to enter a IOR value to get it to work. Will it be correct if I just use the IOR map or will I have to blend it in a layer?

Toby

johan belmans:
Hi Gillaume

I just bought a license of Subastance, beside the tutorials on their website, could you recommend any onthers? Maybe specific for Arch viz?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version