Author Topic: release 0.25  (Read 11062 times)

2014-06-22, 16:54:31

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There are no much new features:

release 0.25
- added OSL for texturing
- OSL: file node
- OSL: placeTexture2d node
- OSL: checker node

But it's the first step in a hopefully solid maya hypershade implementation.
In the attached image you can see some mapped attributes - reflection, emission, color, which works via OSL implementation.

2014-06-24, 12:09:22
Reply #1

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Forgot to mention that currently sub-component connections are not yet supported. e.g. outColorR -> colorGainR will fail. Only parentPlugs can be connected, but this will change soon.

2014-07-05, 12:12:28
Reply #2

Nibiru

• Active Users
    • View Profile

just  a quick test ,
finally I can use some textures (good job haggi)

Cheers

2014-07-06, 13:16:45
Reply #3

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. I'm glad it works somehow. I'm sorry that I don't have normal maps and bump maps yet, but I'll do my very best to implement them soon.

2014-07-07, 11:36:47
Reply #4

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi,

Thanks for working so hard on the update.  It seems to have completely broken for me though.

I still get this when launching Maya:

// Error: file: C:/Users/Documents/corona/mayaToCorona/scripts/unifiedRenderGlobalsWindow.mel line 1158: Cannot find procedure "localizedUIMisc". //

I'm running a fully registered version of M2014. 

I was working around this before, but now using the some workaround, when trying to launch a render I just "fatal error" and crash out.  Even just with a cube in the scene.

For the update I just replaced my old folders with the new ones.  Anything I might be missing?

Lovely render by the way Nibiru - very promising!

2014-07-07, 11:47:42
Reply #5

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The last thing going through Maya's mind is this :

ERROR: No .oso file could be found for shader "H:/UserDatenHaggi/Documents/coding/OpenShadingLanguage/testsuite/aastep/blubb"
ERROR: Could not find shader "H:/UserDatenHaggi/Documents/coding/OpenShadingLanguage/testsuite/aastep/blubb"
trace: mtco_MayaScene::deformUpdateCallback

2014-07-07, 13:47:53
Reply #6

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had to work with the subscription pack of Maya2014. At the moment only this version is supported. Unfortunatly they changed some scripts what took me a while to find out. One of these is this localizedUIMisc thingy.

I may add a base 2014 support, but not before I have a working Maya2015 version. I'm just updating all libraries to a new VisualStudio versio so that I can compile the plugin for all Maya versions in the next few years. But as you can imagine, this takes a bit time.

Sorry for the inconveniance, maybe you see any chance to find a Subscription Pack for 2014?

2014-07-07, 14:48:30
Reply #7

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi,  I can understand you're swamped, no worries :-)

Do you mean the "service pack" as opposed to subscription pack?  I'm struggling to find anything about subscription pack?! 

2014-07-07, 15:54:51
Reply #8

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Right then,  service pack 4 has indeed cured the UI error but I still fatal error when I hit the render button inside the maya render window.

Error message as follows:

ERROR: No .oso file could be found for shader "H:/UserDatenHaggi/Documents/coding/OpenShadingLanguage/testsuite/aastep/blubb"
ERROR: Could not find shader "H:/UserDatenHaggi/Documents/coding/OpenShadingLanguage/testsuite/aastep/blubb"
trace: mtco_MayaScene::deformUpdateCallback

Whether that's the cause, but its the last thing maya reports that I can access...

Cheers

2014-07-07, 18:02:08
Reply #9

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The shader errors should not affect the scene, well, it should not appear at all. Maybe I forgot to remove a hardcoded test shader.

Well, the correct name of the maya version is:

Extension for Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1

Do you see any chance to send me your maya scene so that I can check it?

2014-07-08, 14:36:03
Reply #10

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Haggi

Thanks for getting back.  I'm now running service pack 4 which is the latest.  The original LocalizedUI error has now disappeared.  Which is great.

As far as sending a scene, I'm setting each scene up from scratch so there is no legacy from a previous version.  Its all brand new.

I can try reverting back to service pack 1 and see if that makes a difference.

I'll let you know once I try that!

2014-07-08, 14:44:42
Reply #11

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No need to switch to sp1, just send me the scene if possible so that i can check it.

2014-07-08, 16:07:32
Reply #12

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sent you a mail with the scene.  Like I said though, there's nothing complicated in there.

Let me know anyway

Much appreciated mate

:-)

2014-07-09, 11:14:38
Reply #13

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Service Pack 1 doesn't seem to help either.

Just to double check.  To update from v2.4 to v2.5 all I need to do is replace the old directory with the new one?  As long as the .env file still points to the same location, it should be fine right?

2014-07-09, 14:48:51
Reply #14

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, that's correct. Just to be sure that we speak about the same:

If you open in maya the window under the menu Help->About Maya. What does the line after "Version:" say? Here it is:

Extension for Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1