Author Topic: first attempts  (Read 3441 times)

2014-06-11, 11:08:24

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys

Managed to get corona for maya working yesterday.  I've not had loads of time to figure everything out, but as a pretty much out of the box first test for something I was working on a while ago, thought I'd post this. 

I spotted Nibiru had a thread similar, but I didn't want to hijack.  Feel free to hijack this one with your own renders though...

Gaz

2014-06-11, 11:14:17
Reply #1

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
only took a few seconds to do, DOF as well.  Just repurposed an old scene, switching over texture files over to the corona surface. Two sunlights.  I tried to hook up a hdri into the environment texture in the globals but it didn't seem to do anything.

I've not read the docs at this point though, so just fiddling about!

Gaz

2014-06-12, 10:23:18
Reply #2

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Which image format did you use for the hdri? At the moment only exr, jpg and png are supported as much as I know. In the output window you should see an warning or error if the image format is not correct.

2014-06-12, 13:05:56
Reply #3

gazh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In actual fact, I've tried again using a jpg and its working fine.  I was using a tif before, so that explains it.

I'm making notes as I'm going so I'll get a bunch and then post in one go.

I'm still getting an error message when trying to open render globals though in the localisedUI script...

2014-06-13, 12:25:48
Reply #4

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the localizedUI problem appears if you don't use the subscription pack of maya 2014.