Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106090 times)

2018-10-24, 11:31:28
Reply #405

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Id love to help with catching the bugs but still need a production renderer incase things go wrong

The easies way for you would probably be installing two different max versions. Then use your production max + stable releases for work and some older/newer max to test dailies. Since the installer isn't nasty anymore (means: deinstalling unchecked items) this works well.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-10-24, 12:18:21
Reply #406

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
when I send the scene to backburber the render does not find the slaves, the same scene with Corona2 does not present the problem

Just a hint when having (networking) problems with current RCs: be aware of the fact that DrServer.exe has moved to a subdirectory during v3 dailies. This would probably mean that firewall settings and/or startup options (depending on who is how running drserver.exe) have to be adjusted accordingly.

It also may happen that there is still an old drserver.exe in %programfiles%\Corona (so NOT in a subdirectory called "DR Server") from some older installation which still gets started instead of the current one.

So it is generally a good idea to make sure that there is no executable except "RemoveCoronaForMax.exe" in %programfiles%\Corona after installing the lastest v3 RC.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2018-10-24, 21:46:36 by Frood »

2018-10-24, 12:25:19
Reply #407

3DHighModel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
when I send the scene to backburber the render does not find the slaves, the same scene with Corona2 does not present the problem

Just a hint when having (networking) problems with current RCs: be aware of the fact that DrServer.exe has moved to a subdirectory during v3 dailies. This would propably mean that firewall settings and/or startup options (depending on who is how running drserver.exe) have to be adjusted accordingly.

It also may happen that there is still an old drserver.exe in %programfiles%\Corona (so NOT in a subdirectory called "DR Server") from some older installation which still gets started instead of the current one.

So it is generally a good idea to make sure that there is no executable except "RemoveCoronaForMax.exe" in %programfiles%\Corona after installing the lastest v3 RC.

Good Luck

we have already corrected the drserver directories
we noticed that the problem is different, if I click "search LAN" before sending the file to backburner the distributed render will start with the slaves in the list, if I open another drserver during the render is not detected, so I think the problem is "search LAN during render"

2018-10-24, 15:23:38
Reply #408

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Decided to test a scene of a current project with latest Corona 3 build. No changes to render settings.
Before even delving into any possible bugs here and there noticed two major things, which completely forced me to revert back to Corona 2, since do not have much free time to experiment with scenes.

Corona 3 RC2 seems to makes whole 3ds max menus to be unresponislbe and gray - when loading , when the render button has been pressed.
IR loading time is longer with Corona 3 than Corona 2.
Opening the very same scene with Corona 2 is faster than with Corona 3.
RAM consumption with Corona 3 is way higher - 20 % at loading and rendering same scene.
Scene has  immense use of assets and most textures are native 3ds max bitmap, not corona bitmap. This could be the culprit here.
Attached two images showcasing the RAM consumption. Displacement has been disabled.
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2018-10-24, 15:29:59
Reply #409

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

Just a hint when having (networking) problems with current RCs: be aware of the fact that DrServer.exe has moved to a subdirectory during v3 dailies. This would propably mean that firewall settings and/or startup options (depending on who is how running drserver.exe) have to be adjusted accordingly.

Good Luck

Thanks, but none of this helped.... getting pretty frustrating thb
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-10-24, 15:37:52
Reply #410

3DHighModel

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Good Luck

Thanks, but none of this helped.... getting pretty frustrating thb

i think the same

2018-10-24, 15:41:46
Reply #411

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I'm trying to install the RC2 but the Nvidia Denoiser won't be installed. Missing Optix.dll. I also downloaded the Nvidia dnoiser manually and placed it in the same folder - Still didnt work. I have GTX 1080 and latest drivers.

2018-10-24, 16:00:02
Reply #412

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Concerning the DR problem - I've managed to fix it (for now, at least!)

It seems that upon opening 3DSmax I had pop-up error messages (one was from a missing dll file for fstorm). I didn't know of these errors as I rarely ever open 3ds on my slave PC.

Once I fixed the error messages and 3ds max opens without any problems, DR started working again fine....
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-10-24, 16:58:37
Reply #413

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Corona 3 RC2 seems to makes whole 3ds max menus to be unresponislbe and gray - when loading , when the render button has been pressed.
RAM consumption with Corona 3 is way higher - 20 % at loading and rendering same scene.
Scene has  immense use of assets and most textures are native 3ds max bitmap, not corona bitmap. This could be the culprit here.
I've just sent you an email about this. Please send us your scene if that's possible.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-10-24, 19:54:23
Reply #414

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
"Scene has  immense use of assets and most textures are native 3ds max bitmap, not corona bitmap. This could be the culprit here."

This is the opposite for us. We NEVER use Corona bitmaps. It makes makes 3ds Max perform worse for us. Stutter in viewports, longer loads....

I will be werry about upgrading to 3.0 if this is still the case.

2018-10-24, 20:04:04
Reply #415

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
We NEVER use Corona bitmaps.

Same here :-/  Though my last tests were a while ago.

Good Luck

2018-10-25, 11:09:06
Reply #416

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Pixel Artist Illustration
I'm trying to install the RC2 but the Nvidia Denoiser won't be installed. Missing Optix.dll. I also downloaded the Nvidia dnoiser manually and placed it in the same folder - Still didnt work. I have GTX 1080 and latest drivers.

I'm having this same problem with RC2, the Nvidia Denoiser just wont install.  Been a having a lot of problems with the installer with the other daily builds lately too.  The install never seems to fully finish and close down in the task manager.  The "corona-3dsmax-3.rc2.exe" and Max Installer exe (can't remember the exact file name) processes stay stuck in the task manager and have to be ended manually.

Fyi, I do have the latest "NvidiaAiDenoiser.skp" file save in the same directory as the RC2 installer exe.  Also running Max2016 and Win7, if that helps any.
Adrian Alan Brown
The Pixel Artist Illustration
www.thepixelartist.com
Behance Gallery: https://www.behance.net/thepixelartist

2018-10-25, 12:01:36
Reply #417

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tilt & Shift not working on scene opening, I need to cycle it off and then back on everytime I open a file

2018-10-26, 09:27:50
Reply #418

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I noticed with the latest build that if you have 2 instances of max open, one of them is able to find render nodes (slaves) when you add them on the DR list while the other max instance doesnt find anything..... this is a first.

I can confirm this. It has been working perfectly in the past. It is also the cause of the missing status line and memory information in the VFB tab:

• Start max, render on some slave -> everything's ok, search LAN works
  • Start another max while the other is still open, render on some slave -> No status line, no memory info, search LAN fails
  • Close first max instance
  • Start another max, render on some slave -> works, while second started max still fails.

Actual rendering with a dedicated slave list works in all cases.

Good Luck

2018-10-27, 17:02:49
Reply #419

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Any news about ram usage?
This is the first user post that i see comparing ram usage between versions, we are used to make a single max for all the project needs, and its becoming a ram hog ...
Would be nice to have a better ram usage for sure.
Decided to test a scene of a current project with latest Corona 3 build. No changes to render settings.
Before even delving into any possible bugs here and there noticed two major things, which completely forced me to revert back to Corona 2, since do not have much free time to experiment with scenes.

Attached two images showcasing the RAM consumption. Displacement has been disabled.