Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 103216 times)

2018-10-23, 15:48:06
Reply #390

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
out of curiosity i started using new light solver very recently
3ds max crashes while stopping render in half way after denoise
it happen only twice and doesn't happen every time

Please send us a minidump generated from the crash.

i checked your page on web for how to report issue.
it did not show the 3ds max error report. application was just closed by it self

2018-10-23, 17:41:56
Reply #391

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
it did not show the 3ds max error report. application was just closed by it self
The page https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006 shows various ways of capturing the minidump files.
If you can see the 3ds Max error reporting window, then you should see the 1st point.
If you don't see that window, but 3ds Max still crashes or freezes, you should see the 2nd point.
If 3ds Max just "disappears" without any freeze or error message, then unfortunately it may not be possible to capture a minidump. In such case a scene + instructions how to reproduce the issue are the only solution.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-10-23, 20:21:14
Reply #392

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The page https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006 shows various ways of capturing the minidump files.
If you can see the 3ds Max error reporting window, then you should see the 1st point.
If you don't see that window, but 3ds Max still crashes or freezes, you should see the 2nd point.
If 3ds Max just "disappears" without any freeze or error message, then unfortunately it may not be possible to capture a minidump. In such case a scene + instructions how to reproduce the issue are the only solution.

i will try to get minidump this time. will make sure if it really is corona issue sorry for trouble
« Last Edit: 2018-10-23, 20:32:28 by dekh15425 »

2018-10-23, 22:59:50
Reply #393

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it still the case that you cant have two versions installed?
Id love to help with catching the bugs but still need a production renderer incase things go wrong

2018-10-23, 23:02:01
Reply #394

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-10-24, 00:26:17
Reply #395

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys

Couple of requests if I may:
Corona Lister - why do instanced lights show multiple times?  It would be much more efficient just to show the 1 instance.
DR - is it possible to add a function to send a render to select slaves and not your main workstation?  This would be great for rendering in the background

Cheers

2018-10-24, 07:42:57
Reply #396

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi,

I'm currently using RC1, and I've had DR issues with previous dailies in the past few months... which have never been resolved. I had to revert back to V2 for it to work, but now I've upgraded to RC1 DR does not work.

I've attached 3 logs. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what the hell is going on...

Thanks!

EDIT Before anyone asks: Yes, the same corona and max versions are installed on both PC's and both are logged into the same FairSaS account.
« Last Edit: 2018-10-24, 07:49:00 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2018-10-24, 08:13:04
Reply #397

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
aaouviz, I've had a similar error once because Backburner was not installed on the slave.
Visit boxel

2018-10-24, 08:27:57
Reply #398

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
aaouviz, I've had a similar error once because Backburner was not installed on the slave.

hmm, thanks.

I've had zeo experience with backburner in the past (I'm fairly new to 3ds max).

However, backburner is installed on both PCs....
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2018-10-24, 10:36:36
Reply #399

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Corona Lister - why do instanced lights show multiple times?  It would be much more efficient just to show the 1 instance.

We already have this noted in our internal issue tracker and we'll be implementing this.

DR - is it possible to add a function to send a render to select slaves and not your main workstation?  This would be great for rendering in the background

Yes, this has been requested few times already. Unfortunately implementing this will require some not-so-simple changes in the current DR architecture. Right now we still have plenty of DR bugs that we need to solve before we can even start to think about introducing some new ones :) Until then you can use some 3rd party solutions to achieve the same goal.

Hi,

I'm currently using RC1, and I've had DR issues with previous dailies in the past few months... which have never been resolved. I had to revert back to V2 for it to work, but now I've upgraded to RC1 DR does not work.

I've attached 3 logs. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what the hell is going on...

Thanks!

EDIT Before anyone asks: Yes, the same corona and max versions are installed on both PC's and both are logged into the same FairSaS account.

Could you please describe what issues are you currently having? I can definitely see some problems just by a quick look in the log files, but we would like to be sure that we're focusing on the right issues and not chasing some ghosts.

2018-10-24, 10:59:36
Reply #400

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi,

Thanks!

Could you please describe what issues are you currently having? I can definitely see some problems just by a quick look in the log files, but we would like to be sure that we're focusing on the right issues and not chasing some ghosts.

Well, I can't get my slave PC to render on DR. It's set-up exactly as I've always had it. The only change is that I have Corona 3 RC1 installed, rather than V2 Official.

It won't render any file/scene - I've tested very simple scenes with no luck.

Not sure what else to tell you. All I know is that the slave says it cannot connect to 3DSmax, then retries and continually fails...
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2018-10-24, 11:10:42
Reply #401

Giorgos Zacharioudakis

• Active Users
  • CG Artist at 500s studio
    • View Profile
    • 500s studio
Hi,
I found out with the latest daily, that using CoronaUVWrandomiser in bump map slot is not working.
It behaves like there is no map in the slot at all.
Does anyone have the same issue?
Most likely you need to use a Corona bump converter node, as ANY form of colour correction, transformation or mixing is unsupported by the native Max bump workflow.

I wasn't aware of that, thank you for the info!
Forming digital canvas with geometries shaped with lights, traveling the viewer’s mind through time and space.

2018-10-24, 11:19:26
Reply #402

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile

Well, I can't get my slave PC to render on DR. It's set-up exactly as I've always had it. The only change is that I have Corona 3 RC1 installed, rather than V2 Official.

It won't render any file/scene - I've tested very simple scenes with no luck.

Not sure what else to tell you. All I know is that the slave says it cannot connect to 3DSmax, then retries and continually fails...

Thanks for the info. We will look into this.

2018-10-24, 11:22:34
Reply #403

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you try this method? Some say it works. https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000577837-how-to-run-different-corona-versions-at-the-same-time-

I couldnt seem to get it to work but perhaps that could be a feature request for dailies/Release candidates to have the flexibility to be installed alongside until final release?

2018-10-24, 11:30:20
Reply #404

3DHighModel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i use Corona3 RC2 when I send the scene to backburber the render does not find the slaves, the same scene with Corona2 does not present the problem,maybe the problem is "search lan during render"
« Last Edit: 2018-10-24, 11:40:18 by 3DHighModel »