Author Topic: Corona 3 hotfix 2 and corona 4 hotfix 1(Corona bugs)  (Read 10410 times)

2019-09-05, 10:43:28

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I recently tried to make a new scene with just a small cube in it. and put corona sun. It was not working. When I tried to make a corona sphere light along with corona sun. 3dsmax crashed. But if I am only making corona sphere or rectangle lights. Everything works as long as I am not using corona sun.

I have installed and uninstalled both corona 3 hotfix 2 and corona 4 hotfix 1 on 3dsmax 2017. The bug is the same on both.

2019-09-05, 11:23:04
Reply #1

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tried corona 2. It is working like a charm. I think this is most stable and less buggy version ever.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-06, 09:42:28 by arpit077 »

2019-09-05, 12:04:40
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If max has crashed, then please collect minidump and provide with your bug report. If you can consistently reproduce the bug, then either provide the scene or record a video with the action that leads to crash. And please read this article on how to report the bugs in order to provide most usable information to the devs.

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-09-05, 21:39:10
Reply #3

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the Video for the bugs.

In this video you can see how FPS drops when there is only a cube in the scene when using corona 4, corona 3 and FPS remains pretty good in Corona 2.
Also, The BUG is produced in both corona 4 and corona 3. When doing the same steps in corona 2. Everything works just fine with speed, stability and good viewport fps.

2019-09-05, 21:42:27
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it just one bug in the video? Separate videos per bug would be needed for the dev team to easily digest the information in there :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-09-05, 21:45:59
Reply #5

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, In this video. I have showcased only 1 bug which is currently present in both corona 4 hotfix 1 and corona 3 hotfix 2. And everything works in corona 2. I have more bugs which I will reproduce soon in separate video.

2019-09-05, 21:49:02
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome, ty! Always good to keep them separated out :)

2019-09-07, 10:25:40
Reply #7

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Is there any solution to the problem? Do I need to stick to older corona version forever?

2019-09-13, 10:09:52
Reply #8

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Are you using the "fast preview denoise during render" setting in the performance tab?

If so can you try and disable this and see if the issue persists?

I would also recommend updating your graphics card drivers.

EDIT: Please could you also provide us with a minidump from your crash? Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-09-16, 15:35:36
Reply #9

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I have already shown in the video that I am disabling fast preview. If you see in the video. I have shown many methods and still created the same bug. I have shown limiting threads, disabling fast preview and to this day the bug still exists. I am forced to use corona 2 now but I have found many bugs on corona 2 also in the past week too but at least corona 2 could render the files for me. So, currently I am using corona 2 and I have already provided minidump files to Ondra dropbox like a week ago. After that, I did email you regarding any update on the bug but no one replied. & Today after two weeks I got a reply that if my bug is resolved. No, the bug is still there. :) It is not yet resolved.

I talked with Tom on facebook, He asked me to submit my bug report which I already did and Vladimir asked me to submit the minidump file to ondra, which I have already done.

I forgot, All drivers are fully updated. Windows 10 fully updated, All graphic cards drivers updated using GeForce experience. No drivers are outdated.

2019-09-16, 16:59:14
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That is the problem with a 30 minute video, it becomes very hard to see all the details. Short and punchy is good for videos, and then a short paragraph of text like you just wrote ("NVIDIA preview denoiser disabled,.." and so on) can help keep things focused and clear. Videos are handy, just to see what is happening, but it's best not to try to cram all the details into it as it gets lengthy, and what takes 60 seconds to read vs. 30 minutes to watch... well, you can see how that would give developers more time to get into fixing the problem vs analyzing the video ;)

2019-09-16, 17:27:02
Reply #11

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I understand, I am so sorry for the unsorted Information. I tried very hard to keep things organised but you know the life of artist haha :D If you want, I can put everything I have done in points as follows:

1) Tried Installing and Uninstalling 3dsmax 2017. (Cleanly) That means deleting everything if any trash stays even after Uninstalling.

2) Did the same uninstalling with corona too with all versions such as Corona 4 hotfix 1 and Corona 3 Hotfix 2. You can also see me deleting everything cleaning before installing a fresh setup that I downloaded staight from customer zone.

3) I tried Limited core threads, I tried IR, I tried Direct render. I tried by disabling fast denoise.

4) Just to make sure if I am not doing anything wrong. I installed corona 2 which you can see in the end of the video. Everything works like a charm on corona 2.

5)Double checked all my drivers. One of the members suggested to go for 64 GB ram and all same build and speed. I did that too. You can see it in the video as well on task manager that I have 64 gb ram.

6) Just to double triple check that my case is not isolated just on my pc, I tried the same thing of my friend system who has AMD octa-core and I manage to crash corona 4 on his pc too with the same bug. I noticed the same FPS drops as I saw on mine.

7) With all the sadness in my heart, I am forced to use corona 2 as all versions above corona 2 are a way to buggy to use it on production for my case. :P

8) I have submitted the minidump file already to Ondra dropbox a week ago I think. I look forward to receiving an update.

9) I love corona so, I am pretty positive that you guys will find a solution to this so, I think me using corona 2 right now should be worth it.

2019-09-17, 15:57:35
Reply #12

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Can I just double check that you are definately on the latest version of Windows? We had some similar reports of this with older builds of Windows 10 which were solved by updating to the latest version.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-09-17, 20:52:31
Reply #13

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am very sure that I am up to date on all my drivers and windows updates too.

2019-09-17, 21:04:24
Reply #14

arpit077

• Active Users
    • View Profile
An hour ago, I tried corona 4 hotfix 1 with 3dsmax 2020 too. The Viewport FPS with just a cube and plane was way too worse than it was on 3dsmax 2017 and It crashed in the same way. As soon as I tried IR. The FPS of viewport went to 1 to 2 FPS with just a plane. and when I put sunlight and corona sphere light. 3dsmax 2020 crashed.