Author Topic: Glass with Liquid  (Read 2799 times)

2020-11-13, 21:32:06

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't believe I'm having problems with this, I think I've done it a million times. But I have a glass with liquid and it looks good for it's purpose, but when I attach the liquid to the glass ( poly > Attach) the liquid disappears.  I can't believe I'm having issues with something so simple.  Liquid in Glass is slightly larger to move into the glass itself.

2020-11-13, 21:53:23
Reply #1

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried reapplying your beer material after you've attached it?

I suspect the material Id is being changed to be the same as the glass and in turn is using the glass material

2020-11-13, 22:31:48
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Do you really need glass and liquid to be single mesh? I think refractive materials still doesn't work correctly in Corona.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-11-13, 22:39:00
Reply #3

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, thanks for the help!, I got to check why I'm not getting notified of my forum replies. Not in my spam either

Anyway, I tried everything, works great as two separate object, once joined it disappears, I can select the sub-object liquid and move it out of the glass and looks fine. So materials seem to be right.  Also I can adjust the absorption to get a liquid that shows up finally but then the models looks non smooth, polygonal edges if that makes sense.  The reason I wanted to keep it one object is cause I'm using Forest Pro to scatter drinks.  Unfortunately Forest Pro Is a bit of a pain for Grouped objects.

2020-11-13, 22:46:29
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You need to resort to single material then. Use multi-maps instead of multi-materials.

2020-11-13, 22:58:24
Reply #5

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You need to resort to single material then. Use multi-maps instead of multi-materials.
That's getting really confusing, especially with One material that needs to be Foam.

2020-11-13, 23:13:31
Reply #6

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
I got the solution for that :) Just put the liquid material slightly smaller than its container.
Liquid cant be bigger than container, that way of doing things don't work with corona since corona 5 i think. 

2020-11-13, 23:43:31
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's getting really confusing, especially with One material that needs to be Foam.

Yes indeed, but that's about the only way to get correct result with single mesh.

I got the solution for that :) Just put the liquid material slightly smaller than its container.
Liquid cant be bigger than container, that way of doing things don't work with corona since corona 5 i think. 

But it wouldn't look physically correct. It might be ok for background objects though.

edit: fixed some wording.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-14, 10:30:34 by romullus »

2020-11-14, 00:19:05
Reply #8

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes that does not result in correct render.

2020-11-14, 00:19:52
Reply #9

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is weird, does Corona not handle this correctly? is this a Corona issue or a me issue?

2020-11-14, 10:29:17
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Sadly, this is Corona's issue.

2020-11-14, 22:52:07
Reply #11

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks like this issue appears only with Volumetric scattering. You can add color in refraction but SSS will work not the same as separate objects
on the right separate object, on the left attached
https://i.imgur.com/LD9DluH.jpg

would be interested to see how you will make foam material for close up rendering.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-14, 22:56:45 by sprayer »

2020-11-15, 19:53:12
Reply #12

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Sprayer, Thank you for the help. Sorry it takes me a while to get back cause I don't receive email notifications from forum threads I'm subscribed too even though I optioned for it. I guess I need to talk to support to fix this issue. I tried the color refraction but it didn't look as correct.  As far as foam, I'm not doing close ups of the beer so foam looks just fine from the distance.