Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

UVW Randomizer Issue

(1/5) > >>

dj_buckley:
See screenshot.  These 3 objects (close up of banquet seating) have the exact same material on them, except the furthermost left one.  The only difference with that one, is the jpeg used for maps are also plugged into UVW Randomizers.

It looks to me as if the normal map is being inverted when plugged through the UVW Randomizer.  Which in turn is making it "shinier".  I've no idea if thats because of the inverted normal map or if it's also inverting any of the other maps i.e. bump, gloss etc.

Max 2021 Corona 8 HF1

romullus:
Could it be that you plugged randomizer in incorrect order? AFAIK, its correct position is between normal texture and Corona normal node. It also could be a mismatch between different maps. Double check if every randomizer is absolutely the same, including random seed parameter.

dj_buckley:
I've checked all that, but I'll check again.  As for the correct order, I'll screenshot the shader and post it shortly.

dj_buckley:
Shader tree attached for both materials.  As you can see there is a UVW Randomizer for the 'smudges' on both materials.  Other than that, all I've done is add additional UVW Randomizers for the other maps.

All UVW Randomizers have the exact same settings.

Top material is the furthest left object, bottom material is the 2 objects on the right.

romullus:
You need to swap places trilanar with randomizer. Correct order is uvwrandomizer->triplanar->material. But i'm not sure if that's the cause of the issue, because that mistake is in both materials. Other than that, everything looks correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version