Author Topic: Intel 12th Gen switches to E-Cores only when switching windows  (Read 1374 times)

2022-09-16, 18:23:37

lazardanilovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, i hope you're having a great day/night.

After Intel's 12th gen having problems with all cores not running on Win 10 and upgrading to Win 11 and solving that problem i found out that problem is still somewhat present, anyway, when i start my render all cores go to 100% (both E and P cores) as they should, and its all going great until i want to switch windows, for example surf web, or open any other window on my pc, P cores go back to 0% and it seems like it starts treating 3ds max as a background task.

Now i know this isn't necessarily a Max or Corona problem but i was wondering if anyone else encountered same or similar problem and if so how you've dealt with it.

Thank you!

2022-09-16, 18:26:35
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I'll get my 12th-gen CPU laptop somewhere next week or so (I hope), so I'll do extensive testing myself and post results.

As last resort, there is always 'Process Lasso', a free app to manage process scheduling top of Windows.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2022-09-16, 20:44:04
Reply #2

lazardanilovic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you very much Juraj!

I will check it out. Also looking forward to your tests, it might be just mine specific problem.

2022-09-16, 21:30:27
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I doubt it's just you, I've seen quite few complains of even the Win11 scheduler doing funny stuff with BigLittle cores. Still fairly new thing.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2022-09-19, 12:58:45
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hey,

This is already fixed in the v9 daily builds :)
  • Fixed Corona using only E-cores of modern Intel CPUs on Windows 11 when in background
You can test it out here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=36810.0

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!