Author Topic: Problem with displacement option in materials  (Read 2135 times)

2014-03-04, 12:02:07

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
Hello
In new CONVERTER script (0.15) i found that EVERY material (vray material) with DISPLACEMENT, after conversion to CORONA material has displacement TURNED ON and amount is from 0 to 254. This option is totally crashin all my scenes, because after i hit render i'm getting huge furnitures with totally crap size of displacement - every model is resized circa about 254 cm and is filling all camera space with this amount of displacement...is possible to add option to script to TURN ON or TURN OFF displacement in materials or some possibility to set of min and max amount od displacement in script?
Thank you in advance
Krzysztof Czerwinski

2014-03-04, 12:14:34
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think you should write in this tread: http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,126.0.html because, very likely, it's script's problem, not corona's.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-03-04, 12:15:14
Reply #2

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People

2014-03-04, 12:41:08
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Wrote a response in the converter thread :)
But I want to repeat my suggestion here in this thread to change the displacement max level since it's more likely that keymaster will read it. 254 cm (if system units are at inches) or 100cm (if system units are cm) - strange for itself - are way too much as a displacement value. Would suggest to set it to ~5cm by default.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.