Author Topic: Burned point  (Read 10330 times)

2014-02-23, 10:37:12
Reply #15

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Here if the light setting was  in what is specific units - say, in watts, then it would be much easier to control the correct lighting setup. =)
To my knowledge Corona's light intensity units is expressed in watts per steradian per square metre (W·sr−1·m−2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiance

One more question - if I turn off the light refraction- The image Will the less realistic?
Most likely it will, but unless you are creating physical simulation, you shouldn't care about that much. As long as your image is looking convincing enough, you can take any artistic liberties that you need to achieve your goals.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-02-23, 13:04:03
Reply #16

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
Hmmm....

And how's about the invers square law?

I think that's really important for the light if your goal to make really realistic renders....specialy in the night renders...isn't it?

Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-02-23, 13:12:06
Reply #17

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you have any doubts that Corona obeys to that law, just do quick render test and you will see it yourself. Just make sure not to use any highlight compensation, as it will skew visual results.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-02-23, 14:45:23
Reply #18

Fibonacci

• Active Users
  • 3Dmanufaktura
    • View Profile
If you have any doubts that Corona obeys to that law, just do quick render test and you will see it yourself. Just make sure not to use any highlight compensation, as it will skew visual results.

No, I don't have any doubts about the Corona. Just I'm asking because I did not tried yet...
Now I try to catch the realistic reflections in Corona. :)
Most of the pictures, what I seen, there has a too bright reflections and glossines. That's what I want to stand clear.
Holy Corona : the materials is the clue.

2014-02-23, 15:38:21
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Don't worry, Corona uses the correct light transport with all CoronaLights having inverse square falloff and no way of changing it.

BTW: this falloff is used in the linear space, after mapping to gamma-corrected sRGB space the falloff is much more flat, nearly linear.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-02-24, 10:59:36
Reply #20

swork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys!!!
And please tell me - gamma can affect the burning point. I use a gamma 1.