Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130562 times)

2020-08-17, 20:14:48
Reply #435

ilia.ms

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with Windows updates, it seems to have stopped working in the v6 daily build from 2020-06-18. It has stopped working only in 3ds Max versions 2014 to 2016. It functions correctly in 3ds Max 2017 and newer.

I will report this to the dev team and see what can be done, in the mean time you can use the CoronaDisplacementMod. Unfortunately this doesn't give you a viewport representation, but it does render correctly.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=550411234)

Thank you, I will follow the updates!

2020-08-18, 09:28:39
Reply #436

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan, thanks for your message.
I did installed RC2 and now I wait a bit less time but still not as with the version 5. If I have to compare all three timings:
Corona 5 - close to 2min to load 10gb scene
Corona RC1 - close to 30 mins
Corona RC2 - close to 10 mins
Most assets are proxy,xrefs and even some containers the scene itself is quite small in size without the external components.
What I've noticed also it's the pharsing time. With Corona 5 it was snappy and quick, but with the 6 RC1 it's horrible, 6 RC2 is better but still not as with the version 5.
Sadly, I can't send the project as I'm under tight deadline and currently I've reverted everything to v5

Cheers

Hi,

We are getting quite close to the last release candidates, so in order to look into this for v6 we would need the scene asap. Is there any chance you could archive it and send it over to us?

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2020-08-18, 17:52:10 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-08-19, 17:32:02
Reply #437

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I've had issues with RC1 and RC2 when using CoronaLayeredMtl : the base mtl surface does not appear when used with masked layers. Previous versions seemed to work fine.

Can you please explain what exactly you mean? I am sure a screenshot of the material setup and the rendered result would help. It seems to be working fine here (V6 RC2).
Could it be that you are connecting the masks to wrong slots in the Layered Mtl?
Same scene : 01.jpg is before RC1 - 02.jpg in RC1 and RC2
I simplified the scene and rendered it in RC2 as seen in 03.jpg, you can find the corresponding material in 04.jpg
Something similar here.

I used bitmap for masking with disabled tiling (black background, white text). The bitmap not covered entire object, just small part of it. Previously it worked fine - paper material (base material) over entire object and black glossy text corresponding to white text on mask bitmap (layer 1).

Now I'm getting black glossy (layer 1) for entire object and text. Paper only where the black background on mask bitmap.

I'm adding some screens.
1 - wrong result (previously worked fine), 1_1 - mat setup
2 - looks like correct result but I had to invert mask and base/layer 1 materials - 2_1.
Hi Guys,

This will be fixed in the upcoming RC3 through a new tiling mode in the CoronaBitmap. For affected bitmaps you will need to switch the tiling mode from "no tiling" to "clamp"

Please test this out when RC3 is released and let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-08-19, 19:40:14
Reply #438

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

Playing around with latest Corona 6 RC2, alongside 3ds max 2020, latest service packs both for windows 10 (2004) and 3ds max 2020.
Dual Xeon v4, 128GB ECC, Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti.
No Railclone or Forstpacks inside the scene, just a bunch of CAD groups and the 3d model, currently building.

Experiencing really strange viewport behaviour:

As soon as add corona camera to the scene , try to view through it, with selected object, the viewport either ghosts the rest of the objects or hides objects, until I click at an empty spot inside the viewport.

Can not reproduce this behaviour with Perspective mode being active.

Attaching link to a video done with phone:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yFzZ-sPcI38rNI9xRZPKrb14hX9nzfe2/view?usp=drivesdk
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2020-08-20, 02:50:45
Reply #439

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you have a 3dconnection mouse?

Hi guys,

Playing around with latest Corona 6 RC2, alongside 3ds max 2020, latest service packs both for windows 10 (2004) and 3ds max 2020.
No Railclone or Forstpacks inside the scene, just a bunch of CAD groups and the 3d model, currently building.

As soon as add corona camera to the scene , try to view through it, with selected object, the viewport either ghosts the rest of the objects or hides objects, until I click at an empty spot inside the viewport.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yFzZ-sPcI38rNI9xRZPKrb14hX9nzfe2/view?usp=drivesdk

2020-08-20, 05:41:27
Reply #440

Chatchawind

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Finally have this. Thanks : )

2020-08-20, 07:45:22
Reply #441

Chatchawind

• Active Users
    • View Profile
   Some problem I have found since version 5. When I am using Spacing Tool with Corona lights to get along with spline shapes. At first It is fine but If I try to do one more time and just rotate the screen view it always crashes. Does anyone get this problem ?

Thank you !

2020-08-20, 08:44:35
Reply #442

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I do. Tested with the 3d mouse disconnected, same. I remember experiencing issues with latest drivers from 3dconnexion and used old ones for quite a long time. Recently decided to update those, as the buttons stopped working witht the old ones, and switched 3ds max 2018 for 2020.

Update - The same issue with older 3ds max and corona 5.  It must be issue not related to Corona Renderer.

Do you have a 3dconnection mouse?

Hi guys,

« Last Edit: 2020-08-20, 08:56:11 by 1equals2 »
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2020-08-20, 09:53:27
Reply #443

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
the MatrialLibrary downlodable in Dropbox is updated with the new materials?
I download it but seems to be the old one.

tahnks

2020-08-20, 10:31:03
Reply #444

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hi,
the MatrialLibrary downlodable in Dropbox is updated with the new materials?
I download it but seems to be the old one.

tahnks

It is now. I forgot to update it yesterday, sorry for that.

2020-08-20, 13:17:58
Reply #445

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
   Some problem I have found since version 5. When I am using Spacing Tool with Corona lights to get along with spline shapes. At first It is fine but If I try to do one more time and just rotate the screen view it always crashes. Does anyone get this problem ?

Thank you !

Hi, I couldn't reproduce this in V5 and RC3. Can you please:
- send a simple scene where this happens
- provide detailed steps how exactly to reproduce the crash (what exactly to click where, how exactly to trigger the crash)
The uploader is in my signature, thanks in advance!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-08-20, 15:04:56
Reply #446

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi. Apologies if this has already been discussed...

There seems to be an issue with the noise level when using regions.

I do a render, which takes 15 mins or so, but when I do a region the noise level says around 4.5% and the estimated render time is 45+ minutes... It's obviously getting confused with the noise in the non-rendering areas...

Is this replicable, understandable?

Many thanks. I'm using Daily Build 21 July 2020.

EDIT: It seems this problem only persists when the full render processes a bit early on, and then during the render I add the regions. If it's rendering with regions from the beginning (ie; from a clear VFB) then it works as expected/properly.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-20, 15:29:49 by aaouviz »
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-08-20, 16:53:24
Reply #447

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Just installed RC3 and the updated materiallibrary.

Tried out the new materials, and when using "Concrete Plates Dirty" I got the "normal map using incorrect gamma" warning. It also looks like there is some serious terminator problems - maybe caused by to strong bump settings?

Besides that I had a hard time downloading the material file on my poor network. Had to do it twice, with several "failed network" instances. Any chance of improving this?

2020-08-20, 17:12:44
Reply #448

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Apologies if this has already been discussed...

There seems to be an issue with the noise level when using regions.

I do a render, which takes 15 mins or so, but when I do a region the noise level says around 4.5% and the estimated render time is 45+ minutes... It's obviously getting confused with the noise in the non-rendering areas...

Is this replicable, understandable?

Many thanks. I'm using Daily Build 21 July 2020.

EDIT: It seems this problem only persists when the full render processes a bit early on, and then during the render I add the regions. If it's rendering with regions from the beginning (ie; from a clear VFB) then it works as expected/properly.
Hi,

I've just been testing this here and it seems to work as expected for me, if I add the region after the render has started it takes roughly the same amount of passes to converge to the same noise level without taking the extra time you are describing.

Would you,
1) Be able to install v6 RC3 and try it in this version? IIRC we also fixed another bug you mentioned in this version :) (You can set the bitmap tiling mode to clamped, in order to fix the artifacts you reported)
2) If the issue is still reproduceable in RC3 can you please archive and send the scene to us with some specific reproduction steps?

Instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-08-21, 02:30:51
Reply #449

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
does RC3 fix the issue or the uvw randomizer makign the render take much longer?