Author Topic: State Sets not recording light intensity on Alpha 5  (Read 2445 times)

2013-11-01, 14:59:56

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

Sorry to report "bugs" from A5, i am not using Daily Builds on production. The would like to have 2 machines to use A5 for production and Daily Builds for testing (on another machine)...But that's not the case...

I am releasing some Render Passes using 2014 State Sets and it seams that State Sets can't record Corona Light intensity... Maybe it's a 3dsmax bug, a corrupted state sets (not rare to happen) but maybe it's a Corona bug...
     Sorry if this was fixed on early builds...
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2013-11-01, 15:50:10
Reply #1

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

Trying to isolate the problem, i've just opened a New Scene (RESET MAX) and created a Corona light, a new state set, and recorded. Changed the light intensity and got an error :

===================================================
1 states have encountered errors and have been disabled to allow you to continue working. Please report this to Autodesk by sending us the following text:

State type: Autodesk.Max.StateSets.Entities.StateSets.Nodes.LightParameter
Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
   at Autodesk.Max.Wrappers.LightObject.SetIntensity(Int32 time, Single f)
   at Autodesk.Max.StateSets.Entities.StateSets.Nodes.LightParameter.SetParameterValue(Properties property, Object value, SetParameterReason reason)
   at Autodesk.Max.StateSets.Entities.StateSets.Parameter`1.Revert()
   at Autodesk.Max.StateSets.Entities.StateSets.State.Revert(Entity parent)
===================================================

I   know State sets is a Bag of Bugs, but doing the same using an ordinary Omni light it worked ok, no errors. Using corona light State Sets are not recording changes on Light intensity Rollout and it's reporting those errors...

Just to remember, i am using ALPHA 5. Not a daily build.
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-03-06, 15:13:48
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Fixed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)