Author Topic: New VFB features  (Read 16028 times)

2016-05-02, 12:42:54
Reply #30

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
- autosave shot to history after ending/canceling rendering
- memory limit for history files

Already there.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-02, 14:23:32
Reply #31

Tarrin

• Users
    • View Profile
- autosave shot to history after ending/canceling rendering
- memory limit for history files

Already there.

thanks, i`ve found it. Not habitually after vray=)))

2016-05-10, 06:37:20
Reply #32

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile

- Big one for us: A proper realtime link so even when you are using CoronaCameraMod on your camera, you can still control those settings in the VFB. Currently they all get greyed out when you do this. In other words, for the VFB to pick up all the current settings from the CCM and then pipe them back into the CCM as you change them.

If we think of more we'll edit this post.

Not sure how this works in 1.4 but in 1.3 - press 8, turn off exposure control. This should allow you to control in vfb again

2016-05-10, 10:41:09
Reply #33

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

- Big one for us: A proper realtime link so even when you are using CoronaCameraMod on your camera, you can still control those settings in the VFB. Currently they all get greyed out when you do this. In other words, for the VFB to pick up all the current settings from the CCM and then pipe them back into the CCM as you change them.

If we think of more we'll edit this post.

Not sure how this works in 1.4 but in 1.3 - press 8, turn off exposure control. This should allow you to control in vfb again

I don't think this works when using a CoronaCameraMod when you are overriding exposure, which we need. But thanks for the suggestion.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-05-11, 00:10:20
Reply #34

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unless im misunderstanding what u said wrote. I use the physical cam and mod for different  scenarios. By disabling the exposure control in max this enables u to use the one in the corona vfb instead. Its one or the other as far as i understand. Why would you need both?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-11, 00:14:00 by James Vella »

2016-05-11, 10:30:19
Reply #35

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Unless im misunderstanding what u said wrote. I use the physical cam and mod for different  scenarios. By disabling the exposure control in max this enables u to use the one in the corona vfb instead. Its one or the other as far as i understand. Why would you need both?

What we are doing is simply using a CoronaCameraMod with exposure and tone mapping overrides on. What this does is instantly disable the CoronaVFB's own exposure and tone mapping controls (since it's taking those values from the CamMod). What we want is a dynamic link between the VFB and the CamMod so the VFB takes the values from the CamMod and then you can still tweak them in the VFB, with the new values then updating in the CamMod when you finish/cancel the render. In this way you can still tweak these values with a live render going on, which is hugely helpful. Currently we're kind of forced to use the IR to handle this, but it's not an ideal situation. Hope that makes sense.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-05-11, 12:27:50
Reply #36

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

What we are doing is simply using a CoronaCameraMod with exposure and tone mapping overrides on. What this does is instantly disable the CoronaVFB's own exposure and tone mapping controls (since it's taking those values from the CamMod). What we want is a dynamic link between the VFB and the CamMod so the VFB takes the values from the CamMod and then you can still tweak them in the VFB, with the new values then updating in the CamMod when you finish/cancel the render. In this way you can still tweak these values with a live render going on, which is hugely helpful. Currently we're kind of forced to use the IR to handle this, but it's not an ideal situation. Hope that makes sense.

I think we had this discussion about a year ago, I did suggest your solution :- ). I think it was technically impossible or something. To be honest though, I don't think Vray succeeded in doing this either or did ? I know Vlado contemplated live-link as well.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-11, 12:30:37
Reply #37

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

I think we had this discussion about a year ago, I did suggest your solution :- ). I think it was technically impossible or something. To be honest though, I don't think Vray succeeded in doing this either or did ? I know Vlado contemplated live-link as well.

Yeh we did I think :) I have no idea if it is possible. What I could imagine might work is if when you hit render, Corona shifts all the values from the CamerMod into the VFB and "disengages" them from the CameraMod for the render, allowing you to tweak them in the VFB. At the end/cancel of the render it could then pipe them all back into the CameraMod if they have changed and disable them again in the VFB.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-06-06, 00:56:21
Reply #38

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Glow and Glare is my main wish.

2016-06-06, 04:51:43
Reply #39

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

Glow and Glare is my main wish.
I'm not good in doing post production in 3rd party software and i hate whenever I realize that I need bloom/glare so much.
that's why I've been waiting for this integrated to corona VFB for so long long time :P
« Last Edit: 2016-06-06, 07:50:19 by noel20 »

2016-06-06, 09:40:16
Reply #40

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
give it two weeks ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-07, 04:23:16
Reply #41

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
give it two weeks ;)
hooray! my daddy bought me an ice cream!! :D

2016-06-10, 17:35:25
Reply #42

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Using VFB+, an on/off checkbox is very helpful for preview/review purposes
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2016-06-30, 14:16:02
Reply #43

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, this is just a sugastion on the features of the post tab. Im not sure if all of them whould work:), but but the main feature of this
example is a on off switch for the post effects. Then you would not have to reset every setting manually :D

2016-07-15, 02:50:53
Reply #44

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another feature that World be a tremendous timesaver is direct acces to IR start (stop is the same as normal render). I'm using IR almost always, but there are so many situations where Max is freezing or getting redicously slow with IR activated + plus all those situations where you need to "restart" calculation, or where IR restarts by every tiny parameter change. Therefore I'm constantly turning IR on and off, and finding the roll down button very slow and irritating.

For every 1 time I use the normal Render button, I easily use the "start IR" 50 times. So why shall the most used button be the hardest one to reach?