Author Topic: Flat earth  (Read 8717 times)

2015-11-20, 02:39:05

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello guys,

let me start by admitting i have no science knowledge. I'am just a simple designer. I open this topic here, because i trust many of you are maybe engineers or architects, and i hope somebody here will be able to easy my mind, because right now, i simply don't know what to believe. Do you guys know anything about this topic? Can anyone here debunk this ?

2015-11-20, 12:55:05
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I do not know whether the Earth is flat or spherical, but it sure does contain a lot of Dihydrogen Monoxide:
https://www.facebook.com/h2oawareness/?fref=ts
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-11-20, 14:33:44
Reply #2

nauticus25

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's the thing about Dihydrogen Monoxide that the government and the media never tells you.  It's everywhere.  The government even pipes it to your house.
i9-12900K @ 3.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 3090ti
Max 2024, Corona 10

2015-11-20, 14:56:13
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Agree, people should be educated about dangers of DHMO. But instead of doing that, scientists keep telling us lies about climate change. Arrrrgh...
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-11-20, 15:39:37
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-11-20, 17:33:57
Reply #5

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
I had it running on one of my side monitors while I was drawing some floor plans. I had the same experience as when I am watching Bob paint on Twitch. You know, he gets the canvas all wet and slick and ready to go. Then poff, there is a happy little cloud, swoosh there is a waterfall. Tap tap tap, some grass. Then comes the bravery test, a tree that covers 1/3 of the painting. Before you know it, he is beating the devil out of the brush. And then suddenly after a couple of hours I'm thinking to myself, why the f*ck am I watching this.
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2015-11-20, 19:31:33
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but what is those peoples' response to the miracle of intercontinental air travel? :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-11-20, 21:27:55
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Quote from: Natalie Wolchover
Flat-earthers believe photos of the globe are photoshopped; GPS devices are rigged to make airplane pilots think they are flying in straight lines around a sphere when they are actually flying in circles above a disc.

http://www.livescience.com/24310-flat-earth-belief.html

How you cannot believe it? o_O

2015-11-20, 21:28:53
Reply #8

marioteodoru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello again,

i was really hoping i will find some intelligent answers here. As i said in my first post, i am interested in rational explanations, from people that have scientific education, like architects or mathematicians. I was hoping that maybe we can get together and make a simulation, to see if the flat horizontal line can be debunked. Or to test how the moon should really look when lighted by the sun, and other theories that appear in this flat earth paradigm. I was sincere, and i find the Dihydrogen Monoxide joke to be not so funny. I could really use a good, rational, scientific explanation of the heliocentric model, which can be understood by a non-scientific person like me.  The only thing i can verify with my own eyes is that indeed, the horizon is flat and the moon  does not look like a illuminated sphere but like a disk.

I guess i'll have to try to do it myself, build a model and render it in corona. I should get the same results as in reality right ?

2015-11-20, 21:49:21
Reply #9

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Have you ever have been by the see or ocean? :]

Anyway, here's one of my favorite subscription's from youtube video about flat earth theory. Definitely worth to watch:

I can't recommend enough to subscribe to Vsauce - every single video he's uploading, is golden. Seriously.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-20, 22:00:45 by romullus »

2015-11-20, 21:52:46
Reply #10

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I think, if you really are suspicions earth is flat, i think you should prove your point by jumping off its edge.

2015-11-20, 22:03:09
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
the moon  does not look like a illuminated sphere but like a disk.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-11-20, 22:35:25
Reply #12

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
That's totally rendered, I can tell from some of the pixels. But nevertheless great example that Corona can render even such unreal things.

2015-11-20, 22:58:30
Reply #13

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I've also seen fair share of shops and renders in my life but I am inclined to think it's photo, Corona would have exhibited the dreaded "terminator" lines error with such a strong bump :- D
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-11-20, 23:04:23
Reply #14

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Could it be rendered with... Vray? <runs for cover>