Author Topic: Artefacts dependent on position of objects in the OM  (Read 14818 times)

2017-06-12, 19:50:55

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This one is killing me. Had it before in this scene, but now it is back and I am clueless!

Rendering with the novachord object as a child of "stuff", gives me artefacts.
Rendering with the novachord object on top of it, gives me no artefacts.

I am puzzled.

Latest weekly (May 17, little longer than a week ago ;)) plus R18. Win 10.

Would you want the scene and if yes, how?

2017-06-12, 21:20:31
Reply #1

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's bad, actually, because it involves another 3rd party plugin (Reeper, for making coiled ropes), so I am not sure if I should be worried or just sell the result as art^^

It needs Reeper and hair in the same hierarchy, if you move up the novachord null out of "everything", there are no artefacts.

CU
Michael

2017-06-12, 22:25:49
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Ugh, I guess I'll just bump this because that second post is so funny, made me laugh :)

Anyway, it would all probably work if you'd just convert it to a single object but then you probably lose anything thats parametric in there... Weird to see such an issue though.

edit: The composition looks great by the way!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-06-12, 22:50:47
Reply #3

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is nothing that could not be worked around (converting the ropes or just re-arrange the objects in the OM), but it is strange and does not happen with the AR. So it is an odd occurrence and who knows in what other combination it might happen again.

The artistic outcome is great though ;)

edit: And thank you.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-13, 00:12:42 by Cinemike »

2017-06-13, 10:21:30
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Mike!

Did you try to confirm that the artifacts are really caused by Corona-Reeper interaction? If you uninstall Reeper, will the problem still persist?

2017-06-13, 12:52:54
Reply #5

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Mike!

Did you try to confirm that the artifacts are really caused by Corona-Reeper interaction? If you uninstall Reeper, will the problem still persist?
No need to uninstall Reeper even, just convert the Reeper objects to standard Sweep objects by pressing "C" and the scene will render fine.
I also removed Reeper, but then there's nothing to render and no error, of course.

2017-06-14, 12:21:08
Reply #6

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Do other renderers render the object just fine? By "AR", you meant Arnold Renderer?

While this problem might only be connected with Reeper now, it might hint on some subtleties with object conversion that could be source of trouble even with other plugins, so it's good that you are reporting this.

2017-06-14, 16:35:00
Reply #7

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do other renderers render the object just fine? By "AR", you meant Arnold Renderer?

While this problem might only be connected with Reeper now, it might hint on some subtleties with object conversion that could be source of trouble even with other plugins, so it's good that you are reporting this.

AR is Advanced Renderer (the one that comes with C4D).

And I am always glad to help. Corona is such a great piece of software!

2017-06-15, 10:00:22
Reply #8

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Aha, this is strange. I only have Standard and Physical renderers in Cinema R17. I do have other versions, but don't try them out so often... In any case, thanks for the report and we'll look at this wehn we have time!

2017-06-15, 15:41:11
Reply #9

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Aha, this is strange. I only have Standard and Physical renderers in Cinema R17. I do have other versions, but don't try them out so often... In any case, thanks for the report and we'll look at this wehn we have time!

Don't worry about the nomenclature here, "Advanced Renderer" is what MAXON calls their renderer(s) in the Visualize, Broadcast or Studio editions. That's for "Standard" as "Physical" as well, an umbrella term. So looking into the Online Help, you'll find "Standard" and "Physical" under "Advanced Renderer".

HTH,
Michael

And thx for looking into this issue. It really almost killed my brain ;)

2019-08-13, 20:24:18
Reply #10

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile