Author Topic: Lightmix conf. messes up when deleting LightSelect element.  (Read 2980 times)

2017-03-07, 12:35:46

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi

Had a couple of LightMix configurations saved so I could load them based on camera shot etc. Worked great. Only problem came when I deleted a LightSelect render element in the middle of the stack (I had 15 LightSelect elements).

After having deleted this, I later loaded the LightMix config and got a totally different looking image.

It was clear that the config file remembers each LightSelect element's value based on how that element is placed in the render elements list and NOT pr each unique render element.

So basically, by deleting my number 2 LightSelect element and then loading in the config file, all the other elements got "moved up" on the list and received wrong values.

Example:

Lightmix config:
  • Lightselect Light Table = 1.0
  • Lightselect Light Spots = 0.8
  • Lightselect Light Sofa = 2.0
  • Lightselect Light Door = 0.5
  • Lightselect Light Hall = 0.3

I then delete my lightselect element called "Light Spots", load my config and I get this result:

• Lightselect Light Table = 1.0
  • Lightselect Light Sofa = 0.8 (should have been 2.0)
  • Lightselect Light Door = 2.0 (should have been 0.5)
  • Lightselect Light Hall = 0.5 (should have been 0.3)

I don't know if a each render element has a unique ID and the value could be tied to that, so even a name change on that element wouldn't mess this up.

Build was the 11-01-2017 daily on max 2016.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-07, 12:48:00 by Jens »
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2017-03-07, 17:39:19
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
this is currently by design. I am not sure if there will be better option available - because there is nothing unique that can be used to identify render elements - name can be duplicated
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-10, 17:02:42
Reply #2

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
this is currently by design. I am not sure if there will be better option available - because there is nothing unique that can be used to identify render elements - name can be duplicated

thanks for the reply Ondra, so since deleting a render element isn't "undo"-able, is there a way to fix it if we delete said element?

On loading a  LightSelect.conf, could Corona for example check the current LightSelect "list" against the one in the config file and maybe add a dummy LightSelect to take the place of the passes missing? Thereby avoiding the values to be moved up - I have absolutely no experience with programming, so just trying to get the ball rolling ;)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2017-03-16, 19:49:57
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
fixed in dailies (as long as the elements have different names)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)