Author Topic: region rendering on slaves  (Read 925 times)

2021-04-05, 15:33:27

kowalski

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I just switched to Corona 6.1 and I have problem with distributed rendering. Slaves do not render selected earlier region but on every start of the rendering slaves render whole scene. I need move region area or create new one to have region render by the slaves.

On the old Corona veriosn slaves were automatically rendering regions form the start if VBF was opened and region selected.

Maybe I missed something. Could anyone tell me how to do it? :-)

2021-04-05, 15:46:04
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried setting the region in Max itself, that should carry across to slaves (at very least as a workaround, til we hear whether it's expected for VFB regions to carry across - btw afaik every machine will start with some general "everything" and then just focus on the region, looks like the slaves may have sent data during this initial phase, and they are respecting the region, because there is only parts of the image filled in from the slaves not the whole image)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-04-06, 14:28:06
Reply #2

kowalski

• Users
    • View Profile
Have you tried setting the region in Max itself, that should carry across to slaves

I will check setting regions in Max but for sure working in VFB is much easier and flexible.

looks like the slaves may have sent data during this initial phase, and they are respecting the region

In the example proper region was rendered only by master. Need to wait 5-6 updates from slaves to start render region.

Strange that rendering region form first update was working on eralier Corona versions.