Author Topic: GI computing time  (Read 6891 times)

2016-02-16, 23:17:25

losos1234

Hi guys, i have this problem:

I dont have too powerful hardware, but i think my GI is too much computing, i have this test scene, where is just house without anything just walls and wood floor (3 minutes GI), but when i add a curtains, the GI time is about 12 minutes, and after 2 hours of rendering is there still too much noise, i think its not alright. When i was rendering just one kitchen room, my GI time was 40 minutes, i is allright? I think its too much. Can you give me advice where can be problem? it is just about hardware?

Corona Alpha 6
Intel Core i5 4210M 2.60 GHz
4 GB ram
GeForce 940M - 2GB

2016-02-17, 13:30:08
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It's Corona A6, so it might be hard to tell why this happens, but the GI calculation time should rather be about a few seconds. My guesses:
-running out of RAM? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000513437
-bitmap paging enabled? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000675862
-fault tolerant heap? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000678431
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-17, 17:17:31
Reply #2

losos1234

Doesnt work any of these, but still thanks a lot for your time, i had at least hope for couple of minutes. Maybe i try install trial version of V1 corona and chech if there will be some difference.

2016-02-17, 17:37:50
Reply #3

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
This is classic page file behivour as far as I See it and have experienced in the past.
Stock 3dsmax libraries + empty scene is 860mb.
Your 1.2 poly scene maybe 1.1 GB. A non paged Windows nom noms 1.1 GB of ram.
You have 1.8gb left minus integrated graphics reserve. Windows starts paging it's own stuff first [dependant] on program vs background services setting in windows performance tab at around 10% ram left.

Meaning, if you have Firefox open with a couple tabs, and a 30 undo history in 3dsmax, windows should start paging 3dsmax and thus send your geometry access in ram plumit to hell.

Do the opposite test: disable pagefile. If now 3dsmax crashes, it means it's a ram/pagefile behaviour issue, if not and 3dsmax still runs, then it's another issue and you can continue digging.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-17, 17:42:20 by SairesArt »
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-02-18, 12:07:58
Reply #4

losos1234

Thanks for your reply, but now i have another problem:

Meanwhile, i tried corona 1.3 for comparasion, i was forced to use cracked version, cuz i had installed offical demo while ago.
The GI is calculating perfectly in 1.3, but i dont know why, after instaling cracked 1.3 i have now too much noise everyhwere, still after 4 hours of rendering, so i try install V6 back and now i have noise ewerywhere in V6 too. Its passible, that corona have som kind of security for cracked versions, that cause longer render time, or just start this glitch??? I am desperated, i tried a lot of suggestions from forum to avoid this kind of noise, but nothing helped.

Do you have some ideas guys please?

Here are 2 pictures, clean picture is from corona V6 before instaling cracked V1.3 (cca 10 minutes of rendering), and noisy one is from corona V6 after instaling cracked V1.3, there should be same settings in both

2016-02-18, 12:33:08
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Wait a minute, you clearly and loudly declare that you're using a pirated version of Corona and asking for help in official forum?! I'm out of words... o_O
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-02-18, 13:08:24
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'll just say that:
-this is probably due to some wrong scene setup
-switching from older to newer version should be usually painless (not sure about a6 though), but then saving the file and switching from newer to older will usually cause some troubles

And that's the last thing I've got to say about this. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-18, 15:00:46
Reply #7

losos1234

I just used it for comparsations, dont used it for any commercial purpose (if i could have a demo, i would use it reather). And just asking if its possible, that is there some security system which could causes my problem with V6, thats all, I know its little bit tactless, but i dont see anything wrong about it.

I tried render the older version of scene and still the same result - noise everywhere

2016-02-18, 17:13:49
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
[..] I know its little bit tactless, but i dont see anything wrong about it.

Well, i do. You had 45 days to evaluate unrestricted Corona, that's much more generous than one can expect. If you still haven't made your mind to this time, well, you can always get subscription for a month - it's very easy and not that expensive. To make excuses that you're simply compare it with free version, is silly and disrespectful to developers. If you do not use Corona to make money, that does not give you any grants to use pirated version.

You would get all the help you need with the free A6, although not officially, but i doubt that many will be eager to help a thief.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-02-18, 17:50:32
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, there are various hidden surprises that may activate in any illegal version, that can do all sorts of things. Obviously I will not point out any specific protections and triggers for a cracker to remove.

I hope that you will eventually grow up and realize that there is indeed something wrong with software piracy.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-02-18, 19:26:00
Reply #10

losos1234

i did comparsition only just for this V6 problem, i was just checking if its problem of my computer or software, nothing else, i didnt comparsing functions of software just for fun, but i understand your angry, i have same opinion as you on these things, so chill out, i not use it, for your piece of mind, now i have problems with V6 so I suffered for it....

2016-02-18, 19:29:01
Reply #11

losos1234

yes, there are various hidden surprises that may activate in any illegal version...

Thank you, thats all i wanted to know, i dont need solutions for it, my bad, i choose this kind of underlying causes, so its ok, now i know what is the problem and i dont need to finding another solutions

2016-02-19, 00:42:20
Reply #12

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
now i know what is the problem and i dont need to finding another solutions
What is the solution then?
Share it so others with a similar Problem can forum search.
Or are you implying upgrade to 1.3 solved everything?
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )