General Category > General CG Discussion

WTF vray 3.3 patchnotes.

(1/3) > >>

Nekrobul:
(*) V-Ray: General speed improvements;
(*) V-Ray: New adaptive sampling algorithm for better detection and clean-up of noise in the image;
(*) V-Ray: Added option for automatic subdivs calculations for materials and lights;
(*) V-Ray: Better GI distribution (more robust handling of reflective GI caustics) for interior scenes;
(*) V-Ray: Experimental support for machines with more than 64 logical cores (enabled through VRAY_USE_THREAD_AFFINITY=1 environment variable);
(*) V-Ray: Better sub-pixel filtering for the progressive sampler;
(*) V-Ray: Dynamic noise threshold for the progressive sampler for more even noise distribuion;
(*) V-Ray: Internal spectral color space switched from CIE RGB to sRGB;
(*) VRaySun/VRaySky: New sky model (Hosek et al);
(*) VRaySun/VRaySky: Added ground color parameter;
(*) VRayStochasticFlakesMtl: New stochastic flakes material for car-paint like materials;
(*) VRayClipper: Ability to clip against arbitrary meshes;
(*) VRayEdgesTex: Implemented raytraced rounded corners when used as bump map;
(*) VRayVolumeGrid: Added options for probabilistic volume sampling in the VRayVolumeGrid atmospheric effect;
(*) VFB: Ability to compare the V-Ray settings recorded with the VFB history images;
(*) VFB: Ability to export the color corrections settings as single LUT (.cube) file;
(*) VFB: Ability to load color corrections from VFB history;
(*) V-Ray and VRayMtl: Updated default settings;
(*) VRayGLSLMtl/VRayGLSLTex: GLSL shaders are now compiled to binary code through LLVM for increased render speed;
(*) V-Ray RT: In-process RT engine (no separate command-line opens up);
(*) V-Ray RT GPU: Support for lights include/exclude;
(*) V-Ray RT GPU: Better support for AMD hardware;
(*) V-Ray RT GPU: Initial support for GLSL texture shaders;
(*) V-Ray RT GPU: Support for hair and particles from VRayProxy objects;
(*) V-Ray RT GPU: Added support for VRayFur;
(*) V-Ray RT GPU: Added support for VRayPlane;
(*) V-Ray RT GPU: Support for texture-mapped "radius" parameter in VRayDirt;
(*) VRayFur: Implemented options for hair curling;
(*) VRayProxy: Specify the proxy preview faces as percentage of the original faces, min and max values;
(*) VRayAerialPerspective: New aerial perspective atmospheric effect;
(*) V-Ray: Added "Generate render elements" option to the V-Ray object properties;
(*) V-Ray: Added vrayGetStampVariable() MaxScript function to return the value of any VFB stamp variable;
(*) VRayNormalMap: Added an "Additional bump map" slot;

romullus:
Can't see anything WTF in it.

Quite impressive list i may say.

Wondering about colour space switching - do they went from narrower space to wider or the opposite way?

Nekrobul:
The wtf stand for a list of same things added in latest Corona build.

Or may be i am just paranoic.

I mean couple of days ago corona-renderer released 1.3 with a lot of improvements and today we se a beta vray build with a number of changes same as in corona 1.3.

PROH:
It sure looks like Corona is solid inspiration :)

vkiuru:

--- Quote from: Nekrobul on 2015-11-10, 10:19:04 ---The wtf stand for a list of same things added in latest Corona build.

Or may be i am just paranoic.

I mean couple of days ago corona-renderer released 1.3 with a lot of improvements and today we se a beta vray build with a number of changes same as in corona 1.3.

--- End quote ---

Grow up man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version