Author Topic: background shadow artifact issue  (Read 549 times)

2023-11-10, 03:47:45

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys

Im aware of the weird shadow artifact a background image can cause - is there a definitive solution as everything i am trying doesnt seem to work.  I am trying to get interior reflective elements to reflect what is behind the camera (in this case, an outdoor area).  I have put a plane there and applied a light material to it within the rayswitch but notning seems to work - please help.

2023-11-10, 11:03:28
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, if you are looking for a solution which would just make it work without sacrificing any of the effects, then unfortunately there is no such thing.
One workaround is to use a different material for reflections and all the other ray types: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=32357.msg181607#msg181607
But this will change the appearance of your scene (the reflections will not look as you would ideally expect them).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-11-10, 12:11:26
Reply #2

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks - this is a major issue for me and  many of my colleagues as its often used on 90% of our interiors ton control reflections - is there a fix for it in the pipeworks?

2023-11-10, 17:34:56
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We are aware that this is a major issue, but unfortunately it would be extremely complex to fix. It is properly logged and we will possibly attempt to fix it at some point, but can't provide any time frame, sorry.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-11-11, 01:25:12
Reply #4

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update - all good.... hopin git could fix soon as its one of the most important bug fixes that could happen in my opinion.

We are aware that this is a major issue, but unfortunately it would be extremely complex to fix. It is properly logged and we will possibly attempt to fix it at some point, but can't provide any time frame, sorry.